Sunday, December 30, 2012

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

I had such a great birthday.  It started off with Joe making me his wonderful scrambled eggs for breakfast.  No one makes scrambled eggs as good as Joe does.  Oh my are they good!

Joe gave me six gift cards for my birthday.  They were to Dunkin' Donuts, Sonic, Wendy's, Cracker Barrel, and IHOP.  I have lots of free lunches coming my way.  Is he trying to fatten me up?  My friend, Debbie, gave me some placemats and the cutest calendars.  My friend, Marion, gave me a Snoopy and Woodstock birthday figure.  I put it on the table with my other Peanuts birthday stuff.


And my sister Elaine gave me a rice cooker.  It's so cool and I can't wait to use it.  I'm probably going to try it out this week.  She said once I use it I will never make rice in a pan again.


 I got some spider mums that look like peppermint candies.  So pretty.

We got some snow today.  At one point it was coming down hard and fast.  But then it turned to rain and most of it is gone now.



Tonight Joe and our friends Walt and Carole took me to the Country Club for dinner.  It was funny because when we got there my friend Donna was there having dinner with a friend of hers.  Almost every time we go there we see someone we know.  I had veal francaise for dinner.  It is one of my favorite meals.  So very good.  And I have left overs for later.  

After we ate they took us through this street that the whole block was decorated with lights and animated characters.  They really went all out and it was beyond fantastic.  Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me.  Joe and I are going to try to go back tomorrow and take pictures.  It's unbelievable.   

Then we came back to the house and had cupcakes for my birthday.  They were so cute.

 
Walt and Carole gave me a gift card to Dollar Tree (I can do loads with that!) and a butterfly balloon.

It has been a great birthday.  Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday greetings and good wishes.

42 comments:

  1. Hope you're not working today. Happy Happy Birthday. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kathy!! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you the happiest of b-days Kathy...enjoy your day and have a pleasant New Year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Kathy! You are only getting better with age! LOL Love....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Rebirthday Kathryn...may the blessings you have been to so many this year return to you in the coming year !

    ReplyDelete
  7. A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Kathy. I saw some white confetti falling down there for the occasion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Kathryn, God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Happy Birthday and a wonderful year

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Kathy! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy happy birthday to my big sis! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Bday dear Kathy Happy Bday to you
    Hope it's filled with wonderful surprises!! Blessings my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday, Kathy! Hope you have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  16. This brings a great big birthday hug, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday, Kath! Hope it's a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy birthday kathy! nice to see you on christmas eve!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday KAthy - wishing you God's blessings on your b day and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you have a very Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have a great day Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy birthday mom in law. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday Big Sis, hope u have a great day, wishing you all the best in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy birthday. Sorry it's late. Had an emergency with the car to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday Kathy !

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hope the rest of your birthday is grand

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your birthday sounds like it was
    a lot of fun...and tasty! Happy
    day-after birthday! I LOVE the cupcake with the balloons! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks like a great time.
    All that and left overs, too.
    Now that is the way to celebrate.

    You are loved, that's for sure!

    Happy Birthday Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy belated bday kathy -love the defrancos

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy birthday !!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy birthday !!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy Birthday to one of my BEST blog friends!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. You so deserved it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.