Sunday, December 23, 2012

FOURTH SUNDAY OF ADVENT


On the fourth Sunday of Advent, we are reminded of God's love. It was God's love, Jesus Christ, that came into our world so many years ago. We didn't deserve Him. We weren't ready for Him. When He came, we crucified Him. But still God's Love came into our world.

So strange to realize that this is the last Sunday of Advent and that in two days it will be Christmas.  This week is going to be so busy.

I got up early and made my final cookies for church.  I made chocolate chocolate chip.  They are good because I had some.  Tasted a lot like brownies.  I packed them up and gave them out at church -- a dozen to a dozen people.  Everyone loves getting them.
 
After church Joe and I went to Walmart to finish up our Christmas shopping.  I am finally done!  Now I just have to find the three gifts I am missing.  I know they are in the house somewhere.  I just can't find them.

Most of the gifts are wrapped.  Just have a few to go.  So I am making progress.  I got a lot done while Joe slept.  His ribs are still hurting him, but his hip is a lot better.  It's only been two weeks, so he still has a way to go.  The doctor said six to eight weeks to heal completely.

The house is a complete shambles.  It is so messed up I can't stand it.  I had it all cleaned up and now it is terrible again.  That's the only bad thing about the holidays.  There is so much going on that you just can't keep things picked up.

My sister's stocking is full to overflowing, but I had almost nothing for Joe's.  So I ran over to Rite Aid tonight and got a lot of little things to fill it up.  Now they are both nice and full.

Back to work tomorrow.  I hope they let us out early.  That would help me so much.  Last year we closed at 3 p.m. and we are all hoping that it happens that way this year too.  I have to finish wrapping the gifts, clean the house, pick up some friends and get to church by 6 p.m.  I've given up on getting cards out this year.  Maybe New Year's letters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.