Wednesday, December 26, 2012

CHRISTMAS

Joe woke me up this morning at 6 a.m. to start the day.  We had a lot to do before we left for my sister's house at 8.  There was no one on the road at that time of the morning on Christmas Day so we made really good time and got to her place around 10 a.m.

The snow we got last night was all gone by this morning.  But at Elaine's house there was still some snow on the ground.  So I had a white Christmas.

There were lots of presents under her beautiful tree.
 
It was a long trip and we were really glad to finally be there.  Joe and I love going up to see Elaine, but neither of us love the long drive.

Cody had lots of toys to play with.  But as usual he first had to tear them apart and pull out all the stuffing.

One of the gifts Elaine got was this beautiful cup and saucer from some friends of ours.

Joe and I each got tops from Elaine.


One of the things I asked for was a new griddle for making pancakes.  This is a nice one.  I am very happy.

Joe got a copy of one of his favorite movies -- "The Artist".
  
 One of my favorite gifts is this book.  It has beautiful Victorian botanical illustrations and places to put photographs on each page.  I'm going to have fun picking out just the right pictures to put in it.

Elaine always decorates so beautifully.  Walking into her house is like walking into a Christmas wonderland.  Here are some of the pillows she had on the sofa.  I love them because they are 3-D.

  
And here are a few of her decorations.


  
Taking a break while Joe takes a nap.  His ribs were really hurting him, so he took a pain pill and laid down for a couple of hours.
  
We always have Christmas crackers with our dinner.  They bang when you pull them apart.  Inside are paper crowns (that you wear through dinner), toys and a riddle.  A bad riddle.  Mine was:  who is the most famous married woman in America?  Mrs. Sippi (Mississippi).  Groan.

  

We had a pork roast, green beans and roasted potatoes for dinner.  It was so good.  I even had seconds, which almost never happens.

We stuck around for a little bit after dinner.  I was so tired I fell asleep.  I woke up with a flash in my face.  Elaine had taken my picture.
 
After talking to my two brothers on the phone, we took a couple of pictures in front of the tree and then headed home.



The outside lights were beautiful, but of course didn't turn out so good in the picture.

The drive home was kinda rough and long.  Lots of people on the road and poor visibility.  But other than that we had a wonderful day.  Hope you all had a great Christmas too. 

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. Glad you had a good time and a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing Elaine's decorations with us. They are really pretty! The pictures of you & Joe,Elaine & you came out great. I must say my favorite is the one of you asleep with Cody.Truly
    'sharing'during the holidays! Ha ha!
    Glad everyone had a good time & you arrived home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm SOOO jealous of your snow!!! I wanted a white Christmas so bad this year but it didn't happen. I'd settle for a white New Years though :)

    Looks like you all had so much FUN! Your family truly looks like a fun family which is always great.

    Hope Joe is feeling better soon. He's been through the wringer and back hasn't he?

    Enjoy your week my friend- what's left of it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you had a nice Christmas, Kathy! That's wonderful!

    I've been out of the blogging loop for a few weeks (I got so darn busy!) but hope to be back to normal now!

    Hope your week is going great, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a really GOOD Christmas! 'Family' ones are so special. MY family had a white Christmas - back home in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, that is! First white Christmas in 83 years!
    WE had tornado warnings, high winds and a sand storm here in Houston!

    Great Christmas post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.