Monday, December 31, 2012

NEW YEAR'S EVE

2012 is almost a memory.  Only a little over an hour and it will be history.  On New Year's Eve as the sun sets I always feel as if the year is an old, tired person settling in for a long rest.  The night seems extra dark and quiet with the Christmas lights punctuating it with little bursts of color -- a reminder of last week with all the excitement Christmas brings.

It was extremely slow at work today.  Just a lot of phone calls, most of them asking what time we were closing.  We got out at 3 p.m. again today.  So nice that the city gives us that extra time.

I wanted to get some apples to make dessert for tomorrow.  So I stopped at Shop Rite.  But I couldn't find a single place to park in the lot.  And there were several accidents, people yelling at each other, etc.  So I left there and went to the corner deli.  But they were closed.  I ended up going to Wawa and spending over $5 for 6 apples.  Just what I did NOT want to do, but I had no choice.

I have been so tired.  So I ended up taking a nap before dinner.  It felt so good.

Joe and I have a little "party" by ourselves every New Year's Eve.  We started off with summer sausage, jack cheese, hot sweet mustard and crackers.  Yum!
    
Then we went on to chips and salsa.

Because of our medication neither Joe nor I can drink alcohol.  But he found a non-alcoholic merlot for us to have.

We ended up with chicken wings.  I love chicken wings.  (My shirt says "celebrate" and I bought it to wear tonight.)
 
My mother-in-law gave us the glasses for Christmas several years ago.  I love them.  They are so pretty with the poinsettias around them.

We just finished watching the movie "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel".  So good.  I love Judi Dench and Maggie Smith.

So now we are watching TV to see the countdown.  I hope you all have a wonderful 2013.  May it be a good year for all of us.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you.
    I spent the end of the year,all cuddled up, watching a movie, also.
    You both look so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The glasses are sooo pretty! I know the food was yummy.I think
    New year's celebrations are more for 'snacking' than 'eating'.
    Have a Joyful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great little New Years Celebration you two had! I love that he found Merlot that you all could drink and those chicken wings looked so tasty!!!

    Here is to a WONDERFUL 2013 my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.