Sunday, December 16, 2012


What a busy day I had today.  I had a hair appointment at 9 a.m. and didn't wake up till 8:15.  I really moved to get there on time.  In fact, I didn't even stop to eat breakfast.  I got my hair washed, trimmed and blown dry.  I told Jamie, the stylist, that I wanted to grow my hair out to chin length but the layers were sort of stringy.  She made it look so nice.  I'm glad I went before Christmas.  I'll be going back in 8 weeks to get the layers fixed again.  She agrees that I look better with some hair around my face.  And she likes my hair red.

I got home around 10 a.m. and Joe and I had breakfast.  Then we went to Staples to get my computer fixed.  Don't you know that the tech was able to turn it on with no problem.  Of course!  The only thing he found was the port has a problem when plugging in the power cord.  You have to wiggle it around a little until it connects.  But at least he didn't charge us anything and I have my computer back.  We ended up buying some Christmas gifts there, so it wasn't a completely wasted trip.

Next we went to McDonalds to get a gift card for our grandson.  That's what he wants for Christmas.  While we were there we got lunch for ourselves.  Joe met a friend of his, Mrs. Hayes, who lives around the corner from us.  All this time I have lived here and I never met her.  She is so sweet.  We invited her to sit with us and had such a pleasant lunch.  Joe also met up with a guy he used to work with.  I swear that man knows everyone in the neighborhood.

When we finished lunch we went next door to Shop Rite and did our weekly shopping.  Joe bought me some gingerbread boy Peeps as a surprise.  Have you ever had these?

This is the first I have ever heard of them.  They are not only gingerbread boy shaped, they taste like gingerbread.  They are so good!

Lastly we went to Rite Aid.  I dropped Joe off, ran home real quick, and then came back for him.  He had a bag that I was not allowed to look into and when we got home he ran next door with it.  Hmm....   I guess this close to Christmas it is good not to ask questions.

We didn't get home until about 5 p.m. and we were both tired!  But we did get a lot done and Joe feels good that he got so many Christmas gifts bought.  I know he can't drive because of his seizures and I work all day so can't drive him around, so his ability to get out to stores is limited.  It's good to take him out to see people/places/things.  I'm sure it elevates his mood.  He told me this evening that he had had a wonderful day!

I had a wonderful day too.  But so much more to do in the next 9 days.  Cookies, decorating, cards...

I'm going to church in the morning, working in the afternoon and going to a Christmas concert at church in the evening tomorrow.  It is going to be another busy day.  I don't know when I'm going to get all I have to do done.  I don't think I'm going to be getting much sleep this week.

The sunset today from my car while we were out and about.


  1. December days are BUSY days!!
    Your sunset is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

  2. Sounds like your day was busy but very nice! Glad to hear your computer problem wasn't nothing major. That is always a good thing :)


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.