Sunday, December 2, 2012

THE FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT


Today is the first Sunday of Advent.  I love Advent.  It's such a special time of year for me.  The theme for the first week of Advent is Hope.  In the Old Testament the Israelites were hoping for the coming of the Messiah.  Then Jesus came!  This season celebrates His coming.  And, of course, our hope of his coming again.

We had such a beautiful service at church today.  We sang all Christmas carols.  Pastor Justin, Caity and Jon led the singing.


And then Jon played the guitar along with Bud on the piano for Joy to the World.  We also had communion.  It was great.
  
I love how the church is decorated with our tree and the wreath.  So pretty.

I have so much to do today and I've done a bunch of nothing.  My sister is visiting me next weekend and I have to get moving or nothing will be done before she comes.  There's cleaning, baking, washing, just so much to do.  

I'm feeling better today.  My cough is almost gone, so that is good!  Now I just need to get my energy level back.

I'm going to head on out to make dinner.  I'm having crab cakes and zucchini with sweet onions.  I think I'll make some rolls too.  Then I want to bake a couple kinds of cookies for my cookie handout in a few weeks.  Gotta get a move on!

3 comments:

  1. I love how much you love your church!
    Too bad you don't live closer. I was just saying that I'd love to having a Christmas Cookie Baking Day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy, busy, busy!
    So, do you have a new calendar for next year yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not really a calendar. You'll see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.