Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Ebenezer

I Samuel 7:12 -- Then Samuel took a stone, and set it between Mizpah and Shan, and called the name of it Ebenezer saying, Hitherto hath the LORD helped us.

Ebenzer = my stone of help

This was the key verse for my devotional this morning.  I am really scared about the upcoming surgery, as anyone would be.  Who wants to be cut open?  Have to stay in the hospital?  Go through the pain and recovery?  But the message today reminded me that God is on my side.  He is fighting for me just as He fought for the Israelites against the Philistines.  He loves me and, like any good parent, is looking for me to succeed at my task, not fail.  Am I still scared?  Of course.  I need lots of prayer, so please continue to uplift me to the Throne of Grace.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.