Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pizza and Bible Study

Tonight is Bible Study at our church.  The adult group is called Soul Fuel.  It's a small group of people (usually about 8-10) and since it meets at night, Joe does much better in this group than on Sunday morning.  He worked night work most of his life, so his body tells him to get up at 5 p.m. not 5 a.m.  Combine that with his morning medication which makes him drowsy, and he has the perfect combination to justify pulling the covers over his head and going back to sleep as the sun comes up.

Eventually I will go to the study with him, but feeling bad all the time and working all day is a little too much for me right now.  So I drop him off, go home and lay down for awhile.  Usually someone in the group drives him home.  If not, he'll call and I go to pick him up. 

The group is studying the Beatitudes.  Joe always comes home excited to tell me what he learned.

Anyway, I have started stopping at Little Caesar's on the way home on Wednesdays and we have pizza for dinner.  The pizza is surprisingly good (and inexpensive) and it gives me a night off from cooking.  So it's pepperoni pizza tonight.  Joe LOVES pizza.  I have one piece and he gets the rest.  If I don't eat too much during the day, I can sometimes get a second slice down.

So pizza and root beer, here I come.  And after that I have a date with a soft, fluffy pillow.

26 days to surgery

1 comment:

  1. Hope you and Joe enjoyed your pizza. It sure sounds good to me. Because I cannot eat anything with flour in it, pizza is something I never get. The substitutes are not worth the effort.

    Hope you have a good evening.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.