Thursday, November 4, 2010

Morning at the Hospital

Today was a sort of a nothing day.  Sometimes I think I have nothing days to offset the everything days.  The most important thing I did today was go to the hospital to see my oncologist.  I see him every 3 months.  Good news is that all of my blood counts are still up and still good even though I lost a lot of weight and haven't been eating well.  Guess those vitamins are really helping.

I had my Zometa infusion today also.  Every 6 months I get an IV to offset the calcium loss from the Femara I take.  When I went into the Chemo Room I saw a friend of mine from the library.  She's a regular customer.  Mrs. Seufert is a lovely woman and one of the first persons I met when I started working for the Free Library 13 years ago.  She has had so much hardship in her life, but still manages to volunteer her time every Thursday to the Chemo Room to make the people there feel better.  Thanks, Mrs. S!  She is a real trooper to get out there every week.  One of the nurses who I had when I went every week for my Herceptin treatment came over to see me.  That was so nice.

So then it was home again in the pouring rain to drop Joe off and get a little something to eat before I went to work.  The Zometa makes me nauseous, so I've been feeling queasy all day and I have a big bruise on my wrist, the only place where the nurse could find a vein.  I'm at dinner break at work now, and have to get back in a few minutes.  I'm on the front desk next.  I can't wait to get home and go to bed.

25 days to surgery

1 comment:

  1. Well, Kathy, for a nothing day, you sure did a lot! You are like me when it comes to the nurses trying to get blood from a vein. I drink a glass of water before I go or else they have to stand on the veins to get blood. Just kidding! Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.