Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Sunday

We started a series on the book of Psalms last Sunday.  Last week was Psalm 47 and today was Psalm 63.  It was about discouragement.  Our assistant pastor, Justin, gave the message.  I felt as if he had sat down and said, well, what can I say to Kathy today.  He spoke on how God brings difficulties into our lives to draw us closer to Himself.  But even in the worst of circumstances, God is with us, helping us, and seeing us through to an end which glorifies Himself.  If you want to hear/see it, it will be up on our website on Wednesday.  The address is www.MyWBFC.org.  Check it out.

Afterwards a lot of people came up to me and talked with me about my upcoming surgery.  So many prayers are being offered up for me.  So many people offered their help while I am down and out.  How great to have such a wonderful, caring church family.

This afternoon I spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon trying to get the internet to work.  No luck.  Even the tech I was speaking to was baffled.  I finally had to hang up when my phone's batteries died.  I try at 1 a.m. and there it is.  Joe called around today and we are looking into getting wireless internet.  I am going to the T-mobile store after work tomorrow and see what they are offering.  Hopefully this will solve the problem.  It is no use to me to pay for service I can use only from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m.

As usual we sat outside tonight to give out candy to the trick-or-treaters.  That seems to be the thing to do on our block.  Most of the neighbors sit out instead of having the kids knock on the door.  We get a chance to visit with each other while we wait for the kids.  Being on a street that is one block long and off the beaten path we didn't get many kids.  It was very slow and very cold, so we went in early.  Of course, then all the kids came out and we ended up answering the door anyway.

Joe had a surprise when one of his twin boys, Joey, showed up with some friends.  That was nice.  He hasn't seen the boys in a few months.  We even got a picture of them.

Halloween is always a bittersweet day for me since 5 years ago tonight we found my mom dead in her bed.  But she is with Jesus and so much happier than she could ever be on this earth.  I just miss her so much.  My mom was my best friend.

Well, on to November.  So much to do this month before the surgery on the 29th.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about how you and your neighbors sit outside to handout the treats to the beggars. That must have been so much fun while talking with your neighbors.

    I surely hope that the wireless settles the problem with your computer. Getting up in the middle of the night to blog would be for the birds! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.