Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We ended up staying home today because it was snowing and I wasn't feeling well.  So I ended up making pies.

This afternoon Joe put out some seed for the birds in our bird feeder.  I put out some suet and some stale bread.  I think we had every bird in the neighborhood in our yard.  You could see them flying in from every direction.  Here's a few pictures.





We hadn't bought anything for Thanksgiving, but I put together a dinner anyway.  I had baked chicken legs and thighs, mashed potatoes, brussel sprouts and cranberry sauce.  So we certainly didn't go hungry.  I ate a little bit of everything and so far so good.  We had pumpkin pie for dessert.  I was a little unhappy with it.  Not as good as it usually is, but then I'm not used to working with fresh pumpkin.

I got cute napkins for the day too.


And Joe bought me some beautiful flowers.


Back to work tomorrow for my last day before surgery.

4 days to surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.