Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Another Bad Day

Today started out good.  I got ambitious and after breakfast blanched and froze the brussels sprouts and green beans that we got at the farm this week.  Now they are ready to use when I am ready.  Then we attacked our messy bedroom and got the air conditioner out.  About time, huh?  I started feeling really tired and my stomach hurt so I was going to stay home from work, but we really need the money so I got myself ready and went.

The beginning of the day was OK.  But about 2 p.m. I got really hungry.  I had brought a small bag of pretzels with me, so I ate them and took a big drink of water.  Well, that was the wrong thing to do.  I started throwing up.  So I told the librarian that I had to leave.  I was driving home and started throwing up all over myself and the car while I was driving.  I called Joe and he met me in front of the house with a roll of paper towels.  He even washed my jacket for me.  So I have spent the rest of the day on the sofa throwing up, trying to deal with the intense pain, and sleeping.

I ended up taking some Gas-X and felt better around 6:30 p.m.  In fact I felt well enough to make dinner.  It was so easy -- Penne with tuna in tomato sauce.  It took me less than 15 minutes to make and was good so this is definitely a keeper.  (I had 2 tablespoons and so far so good.)

I am not even scared of the surgery anymore.  I just want this over.  I want to feel good again.  It's been so long since I have not been sick.

20 days to surgery

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I am so, so sorry that you have to go through this throwing up after eating and all the pain in your stomach. I don't know how you can go to work and keep on with life. I would think you would be so weak. The Lord must be carrying you through this. Prayers and prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherdecor, you are right. It is God carrying me through. He gave me a lot of determination. I hope to go to work tomorrow. I feel better and because I have used up all my time if I do not show up, I do not get paid. And I have bills to pay. I am trying to take some time off before the surgery though to just relax and get myself together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.