Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Election Day

It's been an interesting day.  Hope everyone got out to vote.  Even if we don't agree with our elected officials, it is a privilege to live in a country where we can vote for them.  As usual, almost everyone I voted for lost.  I think I have the kiss of death when I go to the poll.  Well, I know John Taylor is still our state representative because he was running unopposed.  Ha, ha!

The library where I work is a polling place, so lots of people were coming in with papers in their hands, looking around confused and we'd say, "Voting?  In the back."  Really, there were these two big, blue booths in the back of the room.  You couldn't miss them.  And still....  Well, that's just the way people are.  I remember a few years back at the first library I was assigned to we had a big flashing sign "Income tax forms" and huge arrows pointing the way and people would come up to the front desk and ask if we had any tax forms.  (*Sigh*)

I'm feeling much better today and was able to make the fish sticks and fried sweet potatoes for dinner.  They turned out SO GOOD!  I definitely have to keep that recipe.  I love to cook and luckily have a husband who doesn't mind me trying out new things.  I am such a foodie and am so looking forward to being able to eat again.

I've got to get to bed.  It's an early day at work tomorrow.

27 days to surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.