Friday, November 5, 2010

A Quiet Day

Fridays I work at the Fishtown Community Branch Library instead of my usual Richmond Branch.  Fishtown is a very small building, and has very nice patrons.  Usually there are only 2 library assistants there, but today there were 4 and 2 librarians.  We were tripping over each other.  There wasn't enough work for us to do so I ended up sitting and reading a lot.  I wasn't feeling well, so that was just the right speed for me today.

I had a teeny, tiny bit of chicken soup for dinner and a baked potato.  That really seemed to hit the spot.  It filled me up and I didn't get sick tonight for the first time in 3 days.  Good news!

I'm looking forward to going to Greensgrow Farm tomorrow to pick up my share of the co-op for the week.  I always enjoy going to the farm.  I'll see if I can post a picture tomorrow of my share.  I'm getting pretty good at this picture thing.

24 days to surgery

2 comments:

  1. Hey, my friend, are you sure you are not gluten intolerant? It took me 60 years to figure out that I was. Usually it would take four to five hours before I got a symptom and by that time I had eaten another meal so I couldn't figure out which food was causing my problem. Well, I am praying for you to feel better until they can do the surgery and fix things in there.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not gluten. I get sick with no gluten in my diet. I am lactose intolerant, though, so I have to be careful of that. Funny, though, not everything with dairy makes me sick. Goat milk cheese is fine. And sometimes I am OK if I don't eat a lot. It's hit or miss, though. So it's better to not eat it than take the chance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.