Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pie and Praise

Tonight we had our Second Annual Pie and Praise at church. I had to work last year and missed the First Annual, so was glad I had a chance to go to this one. We sang some hymns and praise songs, and then had time to give our thanks to God. I'm usually very nervous about getting up in front of people, but I did it tonight and it wasn't that bad. I thanked God for taking care of me the last 5 months of being sick and said if He did it thus far, He'd see me through the surgery and recovery.

What was really nice was that Joe had a part of the service. He went to the front and gave a "Personal Testimony of Praise and Thanks." It was so good. I didn't know what he was going to say, and was surprised at how eloquent he was and at the same time how down to earth. He should do more of this sort of thing.

After the service we had pie. Lots of pie. I wasn't able to eat any of it. : ( I had a little bit of iced tea and that was it. I was so afraid of getting sick somewhere away from home. I made a sugar-free apple pie so Joe could eat something. Well, everyone else got to it too. My friend, Dottie, actually took 2 pieces. Two people asked me for the recipe. There wasn't a smidgen left in the dish. I felt really good about that! Even though I didn't eat anything, I had a lot of fun talking with the other people there. My church family is so great.

15 days to surgery


Pastor Justin led the praise service



Me and Joe after the service, before the pie


My apple pie



Phyllis, Pastor Wayne's wife, cuts the pies into serving pieces. Pastor Justin is in the background.



Cherie, Pastor Justin's wife, and her brother, Keaven



Sydney and Pastor Wayne look at some photos.



Shawn, Connor, Juliette



Trish, Patrick, Sydney, Dottie


3 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    Thank you for posting this - it is encouraging to know that God used the time last night to bring you joy. You and Joe are greatly loved. Our church family is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Pastor Justin. We love you and Cherie too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to a pie and praise service, but I would loved to have been there. What a great idea for eating some good pie and fellowshiping with good people. Thanks for posting pictures. You and Joe are a lovely couple. Can't wait to meet you in person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.