Monday, November 8, 2010

A Not Very Good Day

Ever have one of those days?  I was doing good even though I overslept and was running a little late.  We didn't have enough staff to open this morning, but my boss came in sick so we opened an hour late.  Then we got a delivery of books.  So I was helping to move big totes of books around and pulled a muscle in my back.

I got home and Joe said, "You just missed a phone call you didn't want to have."  It seems the Open MRI place I was going to tomorrow morning is refusing to do the MRI of my liver because the blood tests did not come back good.  They said my creatinine level is low.  I looked it up and Wikipedia says it is low if I am malnourished or have lost a lot of weight.  Well, duh.  I had to call the closed MRI imaging place and they said if I was so claustrophobic I would have to be sedated and they would be using an iodine based dye.  I told them I am the only driver in the household and I would have to go to work following the test so I needed to be alert.  And I am allergic to iodine.  The girl told me it doesn't matter, they have to use the iodine.  So now I have to call the surgeon tomorrow morning and tell her about this and see if there is some other test I can take.  Or if it can just be skipped.  Why can't life be easy?  But I know there is some purpose in this.

Well, now for the phone call of the day:
(phone rings)
Me:  Good afternoon, Richmond Library.
Woman:  Is this the Free Library?
Me:  Yes.
Woman:  The one in Port Richmond?
Me:  Yes.
Woman:  What time are you open till today?
Me:  5 p.m.
Woman:  No you're not.  You are open late on Mondays.
Me:  That has changed.  We are now open late on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  We are open until 8 p.m. on those days.
Woman:  Well I was there last week and you were open at 7 p.m.
Me:  That's impossible, ma'am.  We closed at 5 p.m. last Monday.
Woman:  Where are you located?
Me:  On the corner of Almond Street and Indiana Avenue.
Woman (now screaming):  NO YOU'RE NOT!!!  THERE IS NO LIBRARY ON ALMOND STREET!!!!
Me:  I'm sorry, ma'am, but our address is Almond and Indiana.
Woman:  YOU'RE A LIAR!!!  IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ANSWER ME, JUST FORGET IT!!
JUST FORGET IT!!!!
She then proceeds to slam the phone down. 

I love my job.  I love my job.  I love my job.

21 days to surgery

3 comments:

  1. I love it when people tell you what can't be done.With God,ALL things are possible! I will keep you in prayer for your MRI.
    Lottsa love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for that annoying phone call, but I am laughing so hard!!!!!

    I am sorry about that, but for some reason, I think I have heard of similar phone calls like that, but I thought those callers all lived in Florida. =)

    I sure hope and pray you can get your MRI w/o too many problems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, with phone calls like that you have to laugh. I told my boss and he was hysterical.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.