Sunday, November 28, 2010

Surgery tomorrow

Here I am down to the final day.  I'm still waiting for a call from the hospital to tell me what time to show up.  I spent last night being sick from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.  I still managed to go to church.  I'm glad I did because several people prayed for me individually and the congregation prayed for me corporately.  People are offering me and Joe rides, visits, etc.

Talked to my sister, Elaine, today.  Her church is praying for me.  One person told her that she had laproscopic surgery and had pain for only 2 days.  Another said her son had the same operation as mine but it was many years ago when laproscopy wasn't available.  He has never had a problem since.  This is very encouraging.

I know that everything will be OK.  I know that God will be with me in the operating room.  But I am still scared.  I don't doubt God, but I think it is human nature to be scared of the unknown.

My best friend, Debbie, came over this afternoon for 3 1/2 hours and helped me finish up a lot of the cleaning of the house.  It is still not as good as I would like it, but there are just so many hours in the day to do things.  I am hoping when I get home that with help I can get things together for Christmas.  The tree up, decorating, gifts wrapped, etc.

Joe has offered to blog for me while I am in the hospital, so you will all know how I am doing.

1 day to surgery -- IT'S TOMORROW!


Just got word that I have to be at the hospital at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow.  Please pray.  My stomach hurts so much from eating dinner and I feel as if I am going to be sick.  Joe reminds me that by this time tomorrow it will all be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.