Saturday, August 11, 2012

THE TABERNACLE

Today I made a return trip to Lancaster County with my pastor, Justin, his wife, Cherie, and my friend Donna.  Joe wanted to go with us, but had three seizures this morning.  (He just had another one a couple of minutes ago.  This has got to end!)

I had promised the three of them to take them to the Mennonite Information Center and Biblical Tabernacle Reproduction.  This is the 8th time I have been there.  Last time was a couple of years ago when Joe's son and daughter-in-law were visiting from Tennessee.  I was talking with one of the women who work there and told them I keep bringing different people to see the tabernacle because I was so impressed with it.  She gave me a life-time pass so that I never have to pay an entrance fee again.  Wasn't that nice?  So this was the first time I used it and wasn't sure how it worked.  I handed it in and the lady gave me a white ticket and handed the pass back to me.  I paid for Pastor Justin, Cherie and Donna.

The tabernacle is an exact reproduction of the tabernacle that the Israelites carried around in the wilderness from the book of Exodus.  It is fascinating and all three of my guests were impressed and loved it.

We were not allowed to take pictures of the tabernacle itself, but here is the website


We could, however, take pictures of the outside courtyard.  This shows a sacrifice of animals by the priests.


 
There were a lot of people there today including a couple busloads of tourists.  Coming out of the exhibit area a group asked us to take their picture in front of the mural of the Israelite camp.  We did and then had one of the ladies take our picture.
 
 Next we went to get gas and then I took them to Bird-in-Hand Restaurant for lunch.  We all got the smorgasbord which was wonderful.  After that we headed for home.  I've been looking forward to this day all week and I wasn't disappointed.  It's been a great day.

5 comments:

  1. Very glad you had a great day!
    Sorry to hear Joe isn't doing well. Sending my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very interesting place.I've found that some places you visit are so different from what you imagined.
    Sorry about Joe.Will continue to pray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful outing and how thoughtful you are. No wonder you recieved a lifetime pass!

    Keeping Joe in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When dose Joe see the specalist? I have been praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place.. I love the wooden cut out silhouettes..they are wonderful. That is so terrible about Joe's seizures. Goodness, I pray for him to get some answers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.