Monday, August 20, 2012

FEELING SICK

Monday is always a hard day.  Today was especially so.  I woke up feeling sick.  As I started to get ready for work I felt sicker and sicker.  I told Joe I was going to stay home from work and got onto the computer to look at my email.  As I was sitting there, I started to feel better.  So I decided to go into work late.

Wrong idea!  By the time I got to work I was feeling like my breakfast was going to come right up on my desk.  However, two people were off today so in order for us to have enough people to open, I had to stay.

At noon time the other Library Assistant and the Librarian went to lunch.  I was the only one there.  I was still feeling sick and ended up having long lines both sides of the desk.  Everyone wanted a new card, wanted to find a book, want to check out LOTS of stuff, and the phone was ringing off the hook.  There were books from the book drop to check in, a delivery to route in and here was little me with no help.  Somehow I made it through.

At 2:00 p.m. our part-timer came in.  I wanted to leave, but it was so busy three of us were on the desk.  I finally got out of there at 3:30 p.m.  The pains in my stomach were so bad I thought I wouldn't make it home, but I did.

So that's where I am now.  I hate using time at work, but what was I going to do?

Sorry this is such a downer of a post.  I'm feeling better, but still sick.  At least tomorrow is my late day so I don't go in until 11:30 a.m.  Hopefully by then I will be better.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your feeling better this morning friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, that is terrible!! That is so hard to try to be at work and do your job when you feel like you are going to just keel over. I know, I've toughed it out a few times. The last time I did, I ended up having strep throat...man, that was a doozey..it was THE LONGEST day of work ever!! I am reading this a couple days late, but I hope that you are not feeling any more pains in the stomach!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.