Sunday, August 26, 2012

THE SATURDAY GARDEN

It's been a long time since I gave you any garden pictures.  That's because this summer has been awful -- too hot and dry -- and my plants have not done well at all.

Our lawn guy, Frank, came over today and cut the grass for us.  He is coming back on Friday to do the weeding.  I am just too banged up to do it right now.


My herbs are gone.  They all died except for the chives.  I am going to have to start all over again next year.  But some of my flowers survived.
Pink rose.  Yes, I still have roses.

My miniature rose bush.  Remember it from earlier in the year?  It's still going strong.

The old-fashioned red rose.


The impatiens I bought at the library.  It's the only thing that did well.

 I got only about 10 cherry tomatoes all summer long.  They were good, but I was looking forward to some big tomatoes.  My poor plants just dried all up.  But I have one tomato starting up.

There's still a lot to do, but the yard looks so much better than it did this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.