Wednesday, August 1, 2012

HOUSEWORK


Even though I'm still on vacation this is the first day of the month and time to show you my new calendar page.  Housework!  Can't someone find me some way to just think about a clean house and have it happen?  That would be so nice.  I can see my house clean, freshly painted and the furniture rearranged in my mind.  But when I open my eyes and look around, it's just not real.  *Sigh!*


I have never been a housekeeper.  I do try.  Very hard.  But it never seems to happen.  My sister, however, is a great housekeeper.  And she always has been.  When we were kids I used to pay her to clean off my desk.  I would gladly pay her now to clean my house.  If only she didn't have a full time job, her own house and live 100 miles away.


I have tried various ways to keep up with things.  I make lists.  I try to give myself rewards.  I even tried to follow the flylady.com  where you clean for only 15 minutes a day.  All of them work for awhile, but then after awhile they don't.


But I have been reading my friend Angie's blog Life of a housewife and she is using a plan that might work for me.  We'll see.  I am determined to try again after vacation is over.  I'd love to have the house all fixed up by the time the holidays roll around.


And they are coming!  Can you believe it is August already?


As for Sisters' Week vacation, today Elaine is with her friend Donna.  She and Donna became friends in first grade and are still best friends. They don't see each other very often, so take advantage of every chance they get to get together.

I am home with Joe today.  He had a seizure last night and another one tonight.  I am glad he has a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.


We met our friends Walt and Carole and went to Chick-fil-A tonight.  It was crowded, but the servers were still patient, nice, and helpful.  So nice to support them in this way.


And believe it or not, I did do housework today.  I started cleaning out the bedroom.  I have so many clothes.  No one needs the amount of clothes that I have.  Another task for after vacation -- go through everything and get rid of those things that don't fit or I don't like anymore.


Another day done.  More housework for tomorrow.  Housework. . . the job that never ends.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you and Joe to support Chick-fil-A!!! We don't have one or one even close to us.

    Love it when you flip the calendar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the Shout Out friend! I was shocked, definitely wasnt expecting that. I think some of us are housekeepers by nature and some of us are not. My momma is like your sister. Keeping things clean and organized just comes natural to her. Me, I have to work at it and work hard. I hope my little system I've got going on works for you. I'm really having great success with it! I still need to do a LOT to my Home Management binder but I'm working on it little by little. I tried Flylady for awhile to but for me it was too structured. I can't pick a day to do certain things. My life just doesn't work like that. I like the flexibility of being able to choose my schedule the night before and sticking to 3 Most Important tasks is REALLY helpful for me. Somedays I check off all 10 items on my list and more & then somedays I struggle getting my 3 done. I'm learning though that babysteps is the best way for me though :)

    Poor Joe, sorry to hear he is sick again. Let me know what the doc says tomorrow. I'll be praying for him.

    Have a great upcoming weekend friend. I don't think we are gonna get into much around here :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.