Thursday, August 2, 2012

SISTERS' WEEK VACATION -- DAY SIX (THURSDAY)

This was more of a running around day than a vacation day.  But as I said to Joe the nice thing was I didn't have to worry about getting to work late or having to hurry through things.

I started off with a meeting with my pastor about the Harvest America Crusade follow-up.  It was very profitable and I'm feeling much better about how things are going to go.

Joe was with me because we went right from there to his doctor's appointment.  Because he has been having a lot of seizures I insisted he see our family doctor.  So Joe got some blood work done and an appointment with a new neurologist.  Hurray!  Actually, the doctor he is going to see is his old doctor from the Veterans' Hospital.  This doctor was a resident there so was there for only a year, but he was the first one who recognized Joe's problems and gave him medication that helped him.  We are very hopeful that "Dr. K" can help Joe.

It was going to be a half-hour before Joe could get his medications from the pharmacy so we went to the deli and got lunch meat and then to Rite Aid to get water.  We ended up back at Olde Philly Pharmacy to pick up the meds.  So it was a productive day.

I didn't sleep well last night so I ended up taking a nap this afternoon.  I am loving this not working thing and can't wait till I can do this full time.  What does that retirement ticker say?  Four years and four months?

So another day down.  I am planning (unless Joe gets worse) to go to my sister's tomorrow and come home on Saturday afternoon.  I really want to get away for awhile, but I'm still concerned about Joe.  So we will see just how long I stay.

The sun is setting.  Good night, folks.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a productive day to me! I hope this new doctor works out for Joe and can get him all lined out. Get a good night's sleep friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great when you can get things done at your pace.I will keep Joe in prayer & that the Lord directs the dr for Joe's healing.
    Enjoy your downtime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need some prayers, for you and Joe! (Done)

    I hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.