Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WHAT I'M READING

ON WHAT GROUNDS by Cleo Coyle


About the book:
Clare Cosi used to manage the historic Village Blend coffeehouse...until she opted for quieter pastures and a more suburban life.  But after ten years and a little friendly cajoling from the owner (a fresh pot of Jamaican Blue Mountain was all it took), she's back to the grind, serving coffee and solving crime -- one cup at a time...

With a sprawling rent-free apartment directly above The Village Blend, her cat Java by her side, and plenty of coffeehouse redecorating ideas, Clare is thrilled to return to work.  Until she discovers the assistant manager unconscious in the back of the store, coffee grounds strewn everywhere.  Police arrive on the scene to investigate.  But when they find no sign of forced entry or foul play, they deem it an accident.  Case closed.  But Clare is not convinced.  And after the police leave, there are a few things she just can't get out of her mind...  Why was the trash bin in the wrong place?  If this wasn't an accident, is Clare in danger?  And...are all detectives this handsome?

My thoughts:
Haven't read a good mystery in a long time.  This is a good one.  I have never read Cleo Coyle before, but now I want to read the rest of this series.  I like the character of Clare.  I dislike the character of her ex-husband, but hey, that's the sign of a good author, right?  A fast read if you have time to just sit and read.  Short chapters, which I like because I can pick it up and put it down without losing the story.  Also, lots of tips for making great coffee.  I recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.