Saturday, January 7, 2012

Friday Views


Finally the week is over.  For being such a short work week it has been a very long week.  It seemed to go on and on.

Remember we were going to get cable TV and internet instead of the satellite?  Well, the guy never showed up.  He finally called, said he was running late, would be here in a couple of hours (he was supposed to come between 1-3 and by this time it was 3:45) but he didn't have the right boxes or internet hook-up so would we just be satisfied with what he had?  He couldn't give us a lower rate, though.  Joe told him to forget it, called the company and cancelled everything.  He then called the satellite company and had everything reconnected.  We are keeping what we have for now.

I have been very good on my diet.  Then why, oh why, did I gain 4 pounds?  At least I have been eating healthier, no snacking, etc.  But now I am getting sick from the salad I ate at dinner.  Ever since the stomach surgery last year I don't tolerate roughage very well.  

But besides a small salad, I had turkey burgers and 3 potato salad (a very small portion of that).  Joe does not like turkey burgers, but he liked these.  They were really good!  I added salt, pepper and Italian seasoning, then topped them with American cheese and put them on a kaiser roll.  You really thought you were eating beef.  It was a good dinner.

I've also been cleaning the house this week and throwing lots of stuff out.  The recycling people must hate us because every week we are giving them three or four containers to haul away.  On the other hand, the trash men must like us because they get only two bags.  Ha, ha.  As you can tell I love the idea of recycling.

I've also been "undecorating" the house and putting up snowflakes and snowmen.  Here is my Friday view for you.  The December window:


Has been changed to the January window:


You can't really see it, but the snowflakes are all glittery.  I got them in Williamsburg last September.  I think it's a pretty window.  Last year when I put up a snowflake window we got a blizzard.  Hope that doesn't happen this time!

So the end of a long week, and now the beginning of the weekend which I am sure will be all too short.

1 comment:

  1. I love the snowflakes!Russ will change our window to Valentines Day
    this weekend.We have the cutest panda (melted plastic)with a red heart on his tummy!I will be doing the bathroom in a heart motif.I love changing cause it looks like a whole new room.
    Good for you getting rid of stuff! I confess you are doing better than I am..guess I'm a work in progress....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.