Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A BIRTHDAY......PRETZEL?

I was puzzled this morning at work when my boss called for a staff meeting.  He usually tells me the day before that he is going to have one and what the agenda will cover.  We all gathered around a table, me with pad and pen in hand and he said, "I have something to tell you."  My probation is just about up and I wondered what I had done.  Then he opened a bag, put a soft pretzel on a napkin, stuck a candle in it, lit it and they all sang "Happy Belated Birthday" to me.  How cool!  It was a real Philly "cake".  I am so sick of cake, cookies, etc. from the holidays that this was a really nice treat.  And it was still warm.  Yum.  There is no mustard on it in this picture, but there was when I ate it!

 

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    I had to chuckle when I read that you are tired of cake and cookies. I am too!
    How thoughtful and what a nice surprise.
    Hope you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I think most of us have had enough 'sweets'.I love the creativity & something different.I
    know that made your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL That is the best surprize. Enjoy your pretzle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They really surprised you that time! Hope it was a happy birthday all day long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.