Sunday, January 8, 2012

A VISIT TO THE FARM


The farm had one of its rare winter farmers' markets today.  My friend Debbie and I headed down there this morning to see what they had.  I really miss going there.  There wasn't a whole lot, but I got some brussels sprouts, organic potatoes, smoke signal cheese and pink lady apples.  I talked Debbie into trying a pink lady so I hope she likes it.  They are one of my favorites.

I didn't get much done today.  I had such high hopes, but things just didn't work out.  Joe says he will help me with the kitchen after church tomorrow.  And I am determined to get the tree down and things put away.  Christmas is over.

We had another good dinner tonight.  I like the dinner menus that my diet plan is coming up with.  Baked chicken thighs, mashed potatoes (made with the ones I just got today), and mixed veggies.  When we were at the store tonight Joe found Swiss Miss hot chocolate for the Keurig so I tried that and it was really good.  We are enjoying the Keurig a lot. 

I just saw tonight that Ballykissangel is back on PBS.  I used to watch it years and years ago.  A dear friend of mine who was from Scotland turned me on to it.  It was her favorite show.  I know Joe has never seen it, so I am recording it for him.  I think he will like it.  And it has been so long since I've seen it that it will be all new to me too.

Church tomorrow.  The morning comes so quickly.  The weekend is half over already.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are enjoying your Kurig I love mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started up a new blog & wanted to follow you again :)

    Your right, the weekend is almost over. Weekends sure don't last long enough. Hope yours has been wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried my apple yet but will let you know.Something blew on the tv this morning. I have voice but no picture & no access to 95% of my email.With Russ at work,it will just wait.Please pray it's something that can be fixed. The last thing we need is the cost of a new tv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kathy,
    that's pretty cool that you got to go to the farmers market in the winter..even though there wasn't much there. I need to get my Christmas tree down too!! Mine is coming down today for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Russ tried but the tv was done. We went to Target & bought a 31'' LCD Panasonic.I am back on my webtv & a happy camper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.