Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I AM SO BUSY!

What a busy day today.  We were closed for just two days, but you would think we had been closed for two years!  Everyone was coming in and dumping loads of books and DVDs on the counter.  "Oh, thank goodness you are open" they would say.  Huh???  We had a school class in too which added to the general confusion.  Of course everyone had a problem.  "But I returned that book!"  "What do you mean there's no DVD in the case?"  "I already paid that fine but I threw out my receipt."  People are so funny.  But at least there were no people yelling at us or being mean.  Probably because they were all frozen.

Yes, the temperatures here have dropped dramatically.  Yesterday in the high 40s.  Today in the low 20s and it feels like 10 degrees.  It was OK in the library while the sun was up, but as it set and night came on it got colder and colder in there.  By the time we left at 8:00 p.m. it was downright chilly.  Even so, it was quite a shock when I left the building and stepped out into that cold air.  And it took some time for my car to warm up.  I am so grateful for my car and that I don't have to wait in the cold for a bus to show up like I used to do when I worked downtown.  See the gratitude journal is already working.

I have started a diet today.  I am trying to lose 10 pounds by Easter.  It's not a lot of weight, but if I can do that, then my next goal is another 10 pounds by summer.  A little bit at a time.  I joined the Special K diet plan which my sister told me about.  It is online and free.  It gives you a meal plan for each day which is actually so much food I can't eat it all.  And you can switch out to another meal if it is something you don't like or can't eat.  For instance, I was supposed to have a salmon dinner tonight, but I knew I had leftover pork roast and it was easier to do that on my late night.  So I went through the list, found the pork dinner and switched it out.  Still good and still on the diet.  So by writing this in my blog I am committing myself to TRYING.  Will I make it?  Only time will tell.  But it's better than doing nothing.

Early day tomorrow, so I'm going to end and head up to that nice soft bed of mine.  Good night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Worthy and DO - able goal. We are counting our calories again, too. FOUND our lost pounds!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.