Friday, January 27, 2012

Free Friday

I am working tomorrow so had today off from work.  I wanted a nice sunny day to get some things done, but it decided to rain instead.  At least the temperatures were nice and warm.

Joe and I had lunch with my new friend Donna.  I met her because she comes in the library for books all the time.  She also delivers Avon that her cousin sells.  We all buy off of her cousin.  She and I started talking one day and hit it off.  I have told her about Joe and Joe about Donna, so I wanted them to meet.

We picked her up at her house and had lunch at our favorite little dive "Andy and Nancy's Deli".  It is a hole in the wall but the food is wonderful.  We had such a good time talking and getting to know each other better.  We kept seeing people we knew and saying hello.  Donna said to me that I know everyone.  I really don't.

After we ate we went to the dollar store.  I can't resist a dollar store.  I automatically grab a cart when I go in because I know I can't get just one thing.  I found these pretty fake calla lilies with Easter eggs attached to the stem.  So nice.  I got them to put away for Easter decorating.  I also found a red rose made out of feathers.  I had to get it.  Even the leaves are feathers.  I will have to take a picture to show you.

We came out and Donna mentioned that she was making stuffed peppers for dinner and needed to go to the store when she got home to get some ground meat.  Joe said that Shop-Rite was right there so we took her over there and I also got a few things that I had forgotten to buy the other night.

After that we took her home.  I was tired and laid down for a few minutes.  Well I fell asleep and didn't wake up for 4 hours!  I guess I needed the sleep.  I was feeling a little nauseous and I am always tired any more.  I don't know what's wrong with me.

I'm feeling much better now, so I think I will go make dinner.  Flounder, rice and squash with mushrooms and shallots tonight.  I do like to cook.


Back to work tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be slow enough for me to finish up all the paperwork and reports on my desk.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a good time! It's always great to spend time with friends.

    I'm an AVON junkie. I'm also a Dollar Store junkie. Sounds like we have common shopping likes :)

    Glad you got some extra rest. Sometimes our minds tell us to keep going but our bodies just say no!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.