Monday, January 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR


Isn't this the truth?  I don't know about you, but I have really overdone it this holiday season.  Of course having Christmas, my birthday and New Year's all within one week doesn't help.

Isn't this a cute calendar?  My sister gave it to me at Christmas.  I love it and have it hanging in the kitchen.  It sort of reminds me of Mary Englebreit's drawings.

Last night Joe and I watched the fireworks from Penn's Landing.  It was really neat seeing them reflected in the water.  I took lots of pictures.  Here are a few of them.







We ended up going to bed around 2:00 a.m.  As a result I got up and went to church, but Joe wasn't able to.  The message was very interesting and taken from Revelation 21:1-8 -- our future with the Lord.  As usual, I took notes and will look over them a few times this week.  

I had made cookies, put them into zip-lock bags, and took them to church with me.  After church I gave them out to whoever was there.  People were very happy to get them.  I do this each year and each year different people get the cookies.  I still have to get some to my neighbors down the street.  Hope I can do that tomorrow.

Otherwise it was a sort of lazy day.  I did some cleaning up from last night and watched the Mummers Parade.  Here's some pictures of the Mummers.





The string bands are always my favorite and they did not disappoint today.  Every year they get more and more elaborate.  It is almost like watching a series of Broadway shows.  There is music, of course, but backgrounds, special effects, dancing, story telling.  So wonderful!

 

We were going to have Carole and Walt over for dinner, but because Joe has been sick and Walt has just gotten out of the hospital, they opted to wait for another time.  I still went ahead and made the pork roast I had and roasted some carrots, potatoes and onions.  Oh did it turn out good!  I'm glad there is some left over for later in the week.  I ate too much, though, and my stomach hurt for several hours.

I am trying to get more organized.  Last summer my sister helped me to make out a schedule of things to do around the house each day.  (Less on days where I work until 8:00 p.m. and more on the days I only work until 5:00 p.m.)  I made up a list of things to do each day all week and think I can probably get things under control in one week.  We will see.

I already feel really positive about this year.  I hope it is a good one for all of us.
 

1 comment:

  1. You sure do know how to celebrate the New Year right. Fireworks and a parade, how awesome.

    Oh how I love lists! I think you will find the list helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.