Monday, January 30, 2012

Sunrise.... Sunset

I had such a hard time sleeping last night.  I finally fell asleep around 3:30 or 4:00 this morning.  And I had to get up at 7:00 to go to work.  Needless to say I am pretty tired right now.  But I did get to see a beautiful sunrise.


I always seem to get those birds sitting on the wire though, don't I?

It was a very busy day at work.  The people just didn't stop coming in.  I didn't get nearly as much done as I thought I would.  I have piles of books waiting for me on my desk.  And I made a mistake ringing up a fine on the cash drawer.  I have to call downtown tomorrow and I don't know how it's going to be fixed.  I sure hope I am not in trouble over this.

There is a young couple that came into the library on Saturday and again today.  They lay down on one of the window seats and he sleeps while she reads him a Stephen King book rather loudly.  I was on my lunch hour today and people were coming up to me and complaining about them.  I went over and told him for the second time he had to wake up and told her to get her feet off of the cushions and keep her voice down.  She reads in a monotone for hours.  And I do mean hours.  Today it was four hours straight.  I am not exaggerating.  She read from 11:30 to 3:30 with no breaks.  No wonder the guy falls asleep.

On the way home from work I saw the most beautiful sunset.  I couldn't wait to get home to take a picture.  I was praying that the sun wouldn't set before I got a chance to get it.  God answered my prayer and I got several really great pictures.  Here's one of them.


Bible study tomorrow morning and I still have to make cookies for it.  I am making oatmeal cookies with craisins.  Hope they turn out.

3 comments:

  1. I'm telling ya Kathy, I don't know how you go on such little sleep! I didn't manage to get in bed last night till 3:30 BUT I slept till 10:00. I don't think there is anyway I could have gotten up at 7:00 and went to work.

    How odd about the couple in the library. Is that normal for the library? I think I'd get a chuckle out of it if I ran across them. I'm sure day after day though they become annoying.

    Great sunset pics! Hope you enjoy your bible study & get you some much needed rest soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ever think that they may be homeless?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marion, they are not homeless. They show driver's licenses, library cards, and talk about what restaurant they are going to or what movie they are going to see or what she is going to cook for him when they get home. Even if they were homeless, it is no excuse for breaking the library rules two of which are no loud talking in the library and no sleeping in the library.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.