Friday, January 20, 2012

SEND IN THE CLOWNS

If I knew how to add music to this entry I would be playing the song Send in the Clowns sung by Judy Collins.  I'm sure most of you have heard it, so just hum it softly in the background as you read.

We had the special treat of having two of the clowns from Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus come to the library.


I am not a big fan of clowns, but Mike (on the left) and Rob (on the right were really good.


They were funny, engaging and actually talked and interacted with the kids, parents and staff.


Here Mike is spinning a dish on top of a very tall pole.  Incredible.  He also lined up 5 kids and had them all spinning a dish too.


Rob had what he called a "Chinese Yo-yo".  It was like a regular yo-yo except not attached to the string.  He was throwing it into the air and catching it on the string and doing all kinds of tricks with it.


I took over 100 pictures, but these guys moved so fast that a lot of them turned out blurry and I just deleted them.  I got about 60 really good ones, though.  (Don't worry, I'm not showing you all 60!)  There were some good ones of Mike juggling, but every one looked as if he had no arms because he was moving so fast they were just blurry lines next to him.


These guys were the perfect foil for each other.  Mike was the sensible, level-headed one and Rob was the goof.


Rob took Mike's hat and ran all over the library with it.  Mike tried to get Rob to throw it back to him.  He finally did.


And Mike caught the hat with his head.


After the show they gave out autographs, answered questions, and had their picture taken with the kids.

 
 Some adults had their pictures taken with them also.  I wonder who this is.  Before they left, everyone from the staff who wanted to had their picture taken with them.  It was a fun day.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a blast! I take my kids to Ringling Bros. at least once a year. It's always such a great show.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.