Monday, January 2, 2012

THE NEW YEAR IS JUST LIKE THE OLD YEAR

The second day of the year and it seems just like the old one.  I ended up getting a lot of housework done, phone calls made and watched some TV.  I am feeling so much happier because the house is looking better and better each day.  I am trying to follow the schedule I set up for myself, but I gave myself too much to do today so didn't get through my list.  But I got over half of it done, so that's not too shabby.  

My goal this year is to get organized.  I think it would make my life so much easier.  I realized that I really must get myself together when I was flustered and left so many things at home when I went to see my sister at Christmas.  Leaving gifts behind is one thing.  Leaving my heart, high blood pressure and cancer medication is something else.  It could have become very serious very quickly.

I also started a gratitude journal today.  A friend of mine at church gave it to me.  Someone had given it to her, but she said she knew she would never use it and thought I might like it.  I love it.  Each day there is a place to write the weather and news events, how you feel, what you are grateful for, people in your thoughts, things that brought you joy that day, acts of kindness either you do or done to you, and your goals.  On the other side of the page is a place to write your thoughts which I am using to make notes on my daily devotions.  It is a very thick book and I think it will last more than a year.

Time for bed.  Back to work tomorrow.  At least it's a short week.

6 comments:

  1. Getting organized is my goal for the new year as well.I have accumulated too much 'stuff'! I am now seeing where it can be donated.
    Good going on the half list!That is more done than the day before.
    The gratitude journal sounds like a marvelous gift!It was very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gratitude journal sounds wonderful. I like that there is a place to write what the weather was like. I think that is awesome. I am a journal kind of girl. Sometimes I write every day and then sometimes I go for months and not write anything. I always regret when I skip such a long period of time...but that's ok...I don't want it to be a chore, so I just go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right, Bonnie. I want it to be a pleasure, not a chore.

    Deb, everything off of the list is one less thing to do. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of a Gratitude Journal. It puts things into perspective. Thoughtful friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been looking for a graditude journal. Who is the author of yours? It sounds like a nice one. Happy New Year!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. The name Barbara Morina is in the front of the book. It is published by Journals Unlimited, Inc., Bay City, MI and is part of the "Write It Down" series.

    Glad to hear from you Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.