Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's the day after a holiday....let's go to the library!


Yes, that about describes my day.  It started out OK.  Well, no, it really didn't.  Let me start at the beginning.

Tuesday morning is our Bible Study.  Joe was trying to print out the handout for this morning.  But we had run out of black ink.  So we put a new cartridge in the printer which it refused to accept.  We tried over and over and it still kept saying there was no black ink cartridge in even though there was.  We tried for over 20 minutes and by this time I was so frustrated I was crying.  Fortunately I had bought two cartridges so I put in the other one and it worked right away.  Unfortunately we were now late for the study and Joe is the teacher!

When we got to church we found there were 7 people there.  They had started the coffee and brought the brownies.  The most we have ever had before was 3 people.  So this was great.  Joe is doing a three part series on the search for God's will.  Everyone really got into it.  There was lots of discussion, prayer requests, and people rallying around and supporting the two people who were really hurting.  

Then we ran home and I got ready for work and left.  But I hit every red light and was late getting there.  Well, that's how that started.  People were asking for the newspaper and I hadn't even gotten it onto the rack yet.  The IT people are doing an upgrade for the next two days and so because we won't be able to add books or make new library cards, I was hustling to get those things done.  On top of that, it was wall-to-wall people all day.  It's not even worth having a day off because it is so bad the next day.  My feet hurt so badly!

The day ended great though because Joe made me dinner.  It was all done and waiting for me when I got home from work.  What a guy!
 
So now it's time to get some rest so I can start the whole thing over tomorrow.  Good night!

2 comments:

  1. A standing ovation for Joe! Flowers & candy are nice but give me these actions any day.Now THAT says I love you.Ended your day on a positive note,huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shew, sounds like a pretty tough day. That was so awesome of Joe to have you dinner made. It's really the little things that mean the most isn't it? Hope you get a good nights rest and enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.