Wednesday, February 1, 2012

CHOCOLATE


Here is another of the pictures on the cute calendar my sister gave me.  Love or chocolate?  I already know Joe loves me, so give me the chocolate.  Especially with the way work has been going lately.

Yesterday was the busiest day I can remember in a long time.  We usually have 300-400 people a day come in the library.  Yesterday we had almost 800!  With just Diane and I there for most of the day it was really rough.  And everyone had a problem.  They were all what Sheila (the children's librarian) called "needy".   "Can you help me with this?"  "I can't get on the internet."  "Do you have this book?  You don't?  Well who does?  Can you tell me how to get there?  Do you have their phone number?"  And people needing not only change for dollars, but tens and twenties.  Do they think we're a bank?  We all went home very, very tired and cranky.  I ended up with another headache.

Today I had to deal with the mistake I made on the cash drawer.  I spoke with one of the financial/computer people.  She told me that it is a common mistake and I wouldn't be in trouble but I had to write a full explanation on the deposit summary I had to send in.  She told me what to say and said that she would back me up if there was a problem.  I had sent emails to her, my boss knew about, and I wasn't trying to hide anything.  Also, it's the first time in more than 3 years that something like this has happened.  I told her if I was going to pocket some money it would be a lot more than $5.  She agreed I wouldn't risk being fired for 5 bucks. 

So....  chocolate.  Sounds so good right now.  I love milk chocolate, but am not a big fan of dark chocolate.  However, I was in Rite Aid the other day and saw some Dove bars on sale for Valentine's Day.  I bought them and took them to work.  I was very popular.  

Now that I have chocolate on the brain, I think I will go make myself a cup of hot chocolate and then go to bed.  I have to get up early tomorrow to take Joe to his doctor's appointment at the VA Hospital.  His wrist is still hurting him (in fact getting more painful every day) so he is going to try to see an orthopedic doctor there as well.  I'm going to need that hot chocolate.

7 comments:

  1. WHAT a day!!! Your post made me want a cup of hot chocolate! But since it is 2 in the morning I will wait!

    Hope Joe's problem isn't serious...

    Hang in there. It is almost the week end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it was a TWO chocolate bar day.
    Now you got ME thinking and wanting chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, 800 people! That is one busy day. Isn't no wonder you had a headache. Glad that you aren't going to have any problems with the error. We are all entitled to a mistake every now and again!

    Hope Joe gets some relief with his wrist!

    Have a good Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate is THE answer to most of life's ills.Or so it seems...
    Sorry your day was so hectic.Take 2 Hershey kisses!
    I will keep Joe in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really a lot of people! I can't even imagine! I used to think working in a library would be so peaceful! hahaha! By the way...I love chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate! I'm in! By the way this is the week of the full moon and people are nuts.

    What happened to Joe's arm?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yumm... chocolate with nuts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.