Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve

Here I sit in my comfy living room writing my last blog entry for the year 2011.  What an eventful year it has been!

Unlike some people who need to "party" the night away, Joe and I are homebodies who just like to sit and enjoy each other's company.  I always try to have/do something special.  This year I got some special snacks which we have been munching on for several hours now.  We started off with some summer sausage and cheddar cheese which my sister gave us for Christmas.  Let me tell you that was some good eating!




 Then I brought out the chips and salsa.  I grabbed them after awhile because Joe ate almost all of them before I even started!


I have a bayberry candle burning.  It is real bayberry from Williamsburg.  It smells good.  There is an old saying, "Bayberry candles burned to the socket, bring health to the home and wealth to the pocket."  I'm not superstitious, but we could use both!


We just poured some Pellegrino to toast the new year in.  Since my surgery I find it difficult to drink anything carbonated, so I will take this very carefully.

I want to thank everyone who was a part of this blog in 2011.  It has been such a blessing to me to get to know each of you -- those who comment and those whose blogs I read.  Often when I am having a bad day I will read your blogs and God gives me just what I need to hear from one or more of you.  I am so looking forward to what God is going to do in my life in 2012.  Happy New Year to each of you from Joe and me!

1 comment:

  1. Russ & I had cheese,crackers etc for lunch the other day. It works quite well for a 'nosh'. I can understand Joe,you start & just can't stop!Finger food really keeps fingers busy! Ha ha
    Russ & I wish you both a happy,safe & healthy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.