Friday, September 30, 2011

FRIDAY VIEWS


I hope you are all looking forward to a happy weekend.  I am.  I'm starting the weekend by making a nectarine cobbler.  I needed to use up the nectarines because they were starting to go bad.  It is baking now and smells so good!  I got the recipe off of the Pioneer Woman show last week.  Such an easy recipe to remember:

Put fruit in a 9" x 13" greased pan.  Mix together 1 cup of self-rising flour, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of milk and 1/2 stick melted butter.  Pour  batter over the fruit and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes.  

I used Splenda instead of sugar so that Joe could eat it (he's diabetic) and sometimes things don't turn out with that.  So we will see.   I once made him a birthday cake and it turned out 1/4" high because things don't rise with Splenda like they do with sugar.  It was funny, but embarrassing.

My former supervisor, Donna, came to the library today and she, Diane and I went to lunch together.  Because there was a municipal guards meeting this morning we were closed to the public so it was the perfect time to do this.  We ended up going to the China Buffet.  It was fun all having lunch together and getting caught up with each other.

Tomorrow is Farm Day at Greensgrow Farm (where we get our CSA share).  It is not our week to get our share, but we are going anyway.  We had so much fun last year.  There are all kinds of farm animals and activities, and food.  I'm really looking forward to it.  You know there will be lots of pictures.

Well, here is my Pooh's Thought for the Day:
When did you last have a thorough check-up?

     "Let's have a look at you," said Pooh.
     So Eeyore stood there, gazing sadly at the ground, and Winnie-the-Pooh walked all around him once.
     "Why, what's happened to your tail?" he said in surprise.
     "What has happened to it?" said Eeyore.
     "It isn't there!"
     "Are you sure?"
     "Well, either a tail is there or it isn't there.  You can't make a mistake about it.  And yours isn't there!"
     "Then what is?"
     "Nothing."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.