Monday, September 19, 2011

BACK TO WORK

Despite not wanting to go, I had to return to work today.  There weren't a lot of people, but so much work to do.  Lots of returns.  I never did get to the two reports I was supposed to do.  And I still have some library cards to mail out.

It is so different with the new guard and new librarian.  It will take time for us all to get used to each other and find our groove to work together.

I brought everybody bookmarks from Williamsburg and was surprised how much everyone liked them.

I was so tired that I took an hour and a half rest before I started dinner tonight.  Work is always hard, but I still haven't recovered from my week off.

I had another "fall" dinner tonight:  pork chops, corn on the cob, fresh green beans, a tomato out of the yard and the rest of the plum cobbler.  So good.  I do enjoy my fall dinners.  It's nice when the weather gets cooler and I feel like cooking again.

I still have so much cleaning up to do, suitcases to put away, etc.  I hope I get myself together to get things done before the weekend. 

I got a call tonight about my high school class reunion.  It's being held the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I have never been to a class reunion and would really like to go to this one.  It will be 40 years.  Shh!  Don't tell anyone I'm that old.  It seems impossible that it is that long ago.  I hope I can get the money together to go and that I have the energy to go after working all day.  I will tell my boss that I can't work that Saturday so that he schedules me for another week.

Enough rambling.  I'm going to get myself together and attack the bedroom before turning in for the night.

2 comments:

  1. It may be a cliche,but I think most people need a vacation from the vacation. Your dinner sounds delicious! I believe the cooler weather increases our appetite. Maybe even our energy level. Dallas is already sniffing for snow,ha ha! It's hard to believe she'll be 19 in Nov!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.