Sunday, September 25, 2011

COMMUNITY SPONSORED AGRICULTURE -- WEEK #18

Thought I'd begin today by showing you part of the farm that we go to to get our food every other week.  They always decorate so beautifully.  Here is the front gate.


And this is where you check out.  It's also the first thing you see when you enter the gate.


It's so cute all decorated for the fall.  It changes every week but it's always beautiful.

Here's what we got today:




     A bunch of cilantro
     A head of kale
     A head of lettuce
     2 lbs. of sweet potatoes
     1 pint of cherry tomatoes
     10 poblano peppers
     8 pickling cucumbers
     8 nectarines
     5 Fugi apples
     1 dozen eggs
     A piece of swiss cheese
     2 tomatoes
     3 ears of red popcorn

I already used a tomato and 3 of the 5 sweet potatoes for dinner.  I topped the potatoes with roasted poblano pepper butter with cilantro.  Really good.  I have a new recipe for Apple Betty that I got from Suzanne at Window on the Prairie that I want to try and a new cobbler recipe from Ree at Pioneer Woman that I will use for the nectarines.  I have some baking to do this week.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

I am very tired.  I have to get to bed.  It's a big day tomorrow.  We're saying goodbye to Pastor Wayne (it's his last day) as he retires and hello to Pastor Justin who is being installed.

2 comments:

  1. wow, I like what is in your CSA this week! Sounds good to me! Those roasted poblanos sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Bonnie, I wish you lived closer, I would give you some of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.