Sunday, October 2, 2011

SUNDAY DRIVE

We didn't get to Farm Days yesterday.  Joe is having difficulty adjusting to his new medication and all he wanted to do was sleep.  As for me, I'm fighting an ear infection which has moved into my sinuses and my gums are all swollen and sore.  When I get sick, I really get sick.

But we did get something accomplished.  It has been awhile since we tackled cleaning the refrigerator.  If I did it more often I wouldn't need Joe's help.  But it was pretty bad.  We got the whole thing done and Joe washed all the shelves and drawers.  It really looks nice now.  Empty, but nice.  I hate doing the fridge.

We also did three loads of wash and then took it to the Laundromat to dry.  Our dryer broke awhile back and we haven't had the money to get another one.  So we wash them, then take them to dry.

While we were waiting, I sat at a table and cut out coupons.  I just found out about a place where I can send my expired coupons and they send them to our troops and their families.  They are able to use them for up to 6 months after the expiration.  If anyone is interested in doing this, let me know and I will give you the information.  I am going to be able to send an envelope to them on Tuesday.

Today after church we decided to go on a road trip to get lunch.  (Otherwise known in our household as a lunch date.)  Can you guess where we went?  Here's a hint:


Still don't know?  Here's another hint that will really give it away.


Yep, it's Cracker Barrel.  We have been to several Cracker Barrels, but never the one in Bucks County.  It took us a little over a half hour to get there, but it really wasn't hard.  We used the GPS and it led us right there.  Joe had a country fried steak and I had a chicken salad sandwich.  Yum, yum.  Was it ever good.  Then, of course, we had to go shopping.  I got some cute Christmas salt and pepper shakers, and two tops.  Here is the one for Halloween:


It's so cute with the little candy corn on it.  I can use it later for Thanksgiving too.  But here's the one I got for Thanksgiving:


I tried them on when I got home and they fit me perfectly.  And they were both on sale so I feel I made a good deal.

It looks as if it's going to pour any minute.  A good day to just veg out and watch some TV so that is exactly what I am going to do.

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

Pooh's Thought for the Day

Find a type of exercise to suit you.

     Balancing on three legs, he began to bring his fourth leg very cautiously up to his ear.
     "I did this yesterday," he explained, as he fell down for the third time.  "It's quite easy...."


4 comments:

  1. That looks familar. Gee, I wonder why? Sorry I missed you at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shew, sorry to hear you all have been under the weather. Hope you are both feeling better very soon!

    I knew it was Cracker Barrel as soon as I saw that rocking chair. I love that place :)

    Your tops are so cute. I really love the 2nd one. Did you get them at Cracker Barrel too? They have the cutest things in their gift shop.

    Hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Marion, you have to have a day of sometimes.

    @Mommyblogger, I knew the rocking chair would give it away. Yes, I got the tops at Cracker Barrel. I like their clothes. And I usually find something really good on the clearance rack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tops look very pretty. I like the candy corn.
    The coupons for the troops & their families sounds like a great idea. I would like to help as there are many that I cannot use.
    I will keep Joe in prayer for his meds.
    Lottsa love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.