Thursday, September 22, 2011

BUT I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THIS MEETING!

First of all, let me show you a picture of a sweet little house that is across the street from where I work.
 It looks like a little country cottage, but is a row house in the middle of Philadelphia.  I enjoy looking at it -- it's so pretty.

Well, today I had to go to a meeting for work.  It was held at Northwest Regional Library.  I had never been there before and didn't even know how to get there.  I was told two different ways, neither of which I was comfortable with.  I ended up setting the GPS and it took me a way that was quick and easy.  All the computer maps said it would take me about 45 minutes but the GPS got me there in 25.

It was a rather boisterous meeting.  Lots of controversy and discussion.  But I found out that lots of people feel about the library as I do.  It made me feel so much more positive about working there.

There is so much to do at work and it looks as if we won't be getting any help any time soon.  There is no money in the budget since the state and city cut back our funding by 20%.  We were asked how it would be if our paychecks were cut by 20% -- would we have to make changes?  Of course we would.  And so it will be just Diane, me and our part-timer Marquita for the foreseeable future.  Well, we will just have to get along as best as we can.  It's better than not having a job at all.

I have to run.  We are going out to get Joe a suit for Sunday.  He has lost so much weight that the two suits he has just hang on him.  So until later....

2 comments:

  1. While we all know the economy is down, the cutbacks still hurt. I have no idea how it all will get done. I agree that it is better than no job. I will keep it all in prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.