Thursday, December 31, 2020

IT'S NEW YEAR'S EVE ALREADY?


 Hello, friends!  Can you believe it is the last day of 2020?  I know this is a year that many people will be glad to leave behind.  Let's pray that 2021 will be a better year for everyone.  And pray for an end to COVID-19.  Two people in my family have died from it and I know I am not the only one.  Many have lost so much.  But let's look forward to a brighter year.  

I put up my second vlog video today.  I never understood what vloggers meant when they said it took so much time to do.  I understand now.  It is time consuming.  But I am having fun.  I am not doing it on any kind of a schedule, just when I get an idea for a post.  Thank you to everyone who took a look at it.

And I decided to change the name.  It was so hard to find it with "Looking at my Life."  I took an hour last night and played with names.  It seemed like everything I came up with had already been taken or wasn't valid.  Finally I tried  "Kathy's Happy Home" and it clicked.  So that is the new name.  It comes up quickly and I am hoping that more people will find me that way.

What I put on the vlog was my recipe for a snack mix.  I have never tried to make this before.  But I had seen several videos and put them together to make my own version of this.  Let me tell you how I did it.

I took a bag of oyster crackers...

...a bag of thin pretzel sticks...


...a box of chex like cereal (I had left over corn and rice)...


...an envelope of Ranch seasoning mix...


...vegetable oil, garlic powder and dill weed.


Take a gallon zip lock bag and put the crackers, pretzels and cereal in it.  Use the entire bag of crackers, but add as much pretzels and cereal as you want.


Add 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.  Close the bag and toss to cover the cracker mixture with the oil.


Add the packet of Ranch seasoning...


...1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder...


...and 1/2 teaspoon of dill weed.


Close the bag and toss again to make sure all the contents are covered with the mixture.


Set the oven for 250*F (121*C).


Lay it in a single layer on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.  I found it needed only 15 minutes.  Keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't burn.



Let cool and put it into an airtight container.  I have been eating it all morning.  If I don't stop, there won't be any for tonight.

Joe and I always have a low-key New Year's Eve.  We usually don't go out because of the drunk drivers on the road.  But who knows what tonight will bring.  Everything is different this year.  But not for us.  We are still not going out.  We plan to have snacks, watch TV and see if we can see any fireworks

I will not be sad to see 2020 go.  What a year it has been!  I am looking forward to see the good that 2021 will bring us.

Joe and I wish all of you a wonderful new year.  Stay safe.  Be well.  I will see you next year.

Kathy







10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you both. I hope many blessings come your way in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make some stuff similar to that. Hope you enjoy your evening at home. Hubby is picking me up after work and then we will pick up his mom and go get some Italian for dinner and then drop her off and we'll be home the rest of the evening. At least that's the plan right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, I want to wish you and Joe a peaceful and happy new year. I pray for our country to be able to get the vaccine to all and we can get back to some normalcy. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy - I just watched your vlog. It was fun to hear your voice. I am a new subscriber! Too bad we just went grocery shopping this morning and I don't have any of these ingredients, but will get some next time we go and make some of this snack mix. It does sound and look really good. We don't go out much on New Year's Eve either, although in a while, we will go get some take-out Chinese. I'm with you - 2020 has been such a crazy year, I sure hope that 2021 is much better. Happy New Year to you and Joe! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snack mix looks delicious! I am definitely going to try that. I am off to check out your YouTube channel. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Russ & I always do an in-home quiet night. I agree that it's much safer.Bye Bye to 2020!
    Let's pray for a safer,healthier & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy, I watched your YouTube video and hope to try your recipe in the near future. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am going to go on the hunt! 😁 Most exciting thing that has happened to me today.

    A blessed New Year to you and Joe! 🎉

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.