Sunday, December 6, 2020

BLOGMAS DAY 6 - SECOND SUNDAY OF ADVENT


 Hello, friends.  I hope you had a wonderful Sunday.  The first day of the week is so special to me.  Not only do I get to go to church, but everything seems to be reset.  A new beginning every week.

Today I took the two little girls into one of the Sunday School rooms and gave them a short lesson.  They are only 6 and 4 years old so their attention span isn't that long.  With little ones I try to move things along with lots of activities.  I told them today that God had a special people that He loved called the Israelites and He promised them that He would send them a very special gift -- His Son, Jesus.  They had to wait a long, long time for Him to come.  But He did come and that is why we celebrate Christmas.  Then we said a Bible verse together.  Next I gave them a Christmas picture to color.  They loved that.  And they loved that they could talk because when they sat in the church service the last two weeks they had to be quiet.  And talk they did.  Lots and lots of talking.  Telling me things that really were none of my business about their family.  Kids are like that.

The little one wanted to play with some toys, so I got a few things to bring into the classroom and they had fun with that.  And then...  it was over!  They were all smiles when they went back to meet their dad.  That really made my day.  I love to teach.

Joe recorded the sermon for me so I can hear it.  I didn't have the battery fully charged so the end is missing.  But most of it is there.

Joe and I had the lighting of the second Advent candle today.  I tried to record it, but I had the wrong setting on the camera so all you could see was from Joe's mouth down and neither me nor the candles.  So I am just going to get rid of it.

We ran a lot of errands on the way home.  But after we ate lunch, that was it.  I have been cleaning and cleaning.  So much trash and recycling has gone out.  But finally this afternoon I crashed and slept for about two hours.  I needed it because I have had quite the headache today.  There is still so much cleaning to do before my sister comes to visit me tomorrow.  There is no way I can get it all done before she gets here.  But I will do what I can.

I am sending you the next message in Pastor Ralph's series on Romans.  I know a few of you enjoy hearing him.

And so that is it for today.  Sorry I don't have any pictures for you.  Tomorrow will be different.  I hope.  Have a good evening and I will see you tomorrow.

Kathy





10 comments:

  1. I can't help but think of the old tv show with Art Linkletter "Kids Say The Darndest Things". It is surprising how much they see & hear that we're not paying attention to. Stay warm today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting Christmas decorations and cards out helps set the mood — so do Christmas earrings! Thank you Jesus for coming so long ago. Enjoy your visit with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, good wishes on your house cleaning today. I'm sure your sister won't mind coming into your house as she is aware of your health issues and won't judge you:) She'll still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. I love your description of teaching Sunday School to those two little girls. Sounds like you are a good teacher and the little girls had a good time and learned some important things. Hope you have a good visit with your sister. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to teach Sunday School too and I loved it. Don't worry about the housework. Your sister is coming to be with you, not the house. Enjoy your visit, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a full and fun Sunday. Jack and I teach 11-13yr olds but because of Covid we're only teaching virtually. Church is virtual too. Too much virus in our neck of the woods. Until Jack is better I'll be doing the teaching solo. It's much more fun in person and I always have something they can do to take home. Older kids love crafts and videos and fun things as much as the younger ones! I'm sure you're sister is coming to see you and I wouldn't worry about the house! Sisters are like that! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, I like reading about the wee Sunday school class. I remember helping my daughter with her 5th grade class picnic...You are right kids tell too much. One girl told me her family all had nicknames from something on the Mc'D's menu. I said, "please tell me you are Cherry pie" She said, "no, I am quarter pounder. " LOL Bless her heart. Kids are so innocent. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you've enjoyed spending time with your sister. I always tell you this...but I wish you and your sister would adopt me! I could be the much older sister! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a blessed time those little ones had with you. Sweetness...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a gift for teaching....those little girls are blessed to have you!
    Cleaning is a constant. How is it that we never get finished??? ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.