Thursday, December 3, 2020

BLOGMAS DAY 3 -- A VISIT TO TARGET


 


Hello, blog friends!  I hope you have all had a great day today.  Not much going on here although I did get a bit done.  I have a LOT that I must get finished tomorrow.  Christmas is coming!

I did change out my front window today.  I found a large lantern to go with my snowflake lights and it looks so nice now.  A picture will be coming soon.

I also took the Hello Fall banner, the scarecrow and the fall flag down in the yard.  I put up a new Christmas flag which will also be shown to you soon.  I want to get some more decorating finished before I take pictures.  There is so much to do and all I want to do is sleep.  I'm beginning to realize that I'm not as young as I once was.

On Tuesday I picked up Debbie and we headed to Salvation Army to drop off some things.  She got rid of 5 Shoprite sized bags.  I got rid of two trash bags and two smaller bags.  Lots more to get out but so good to have that much done.

When we finished with that, we headed for Target to pick up Joe's medicine at the CVS there.  I am so happy our local Target has reopened.  They were closed for a month following the night of looting.  I was just going to get the medicine and leave but you know that didn't happen.  It began with me looking at the Bullseye Spot.  I saw some things for stocking stuffers there.  Then I went and got the medication.  Debbie had headed for the grocery section and I did too.  I wanted to get something for dinner.  But once I was there I saw things we needed.  I put more and more things in my cart.  It was so good to pick out my own groceries.  I haven't done that for about 6 weeks.

Let me show you what I got.

These are our treats.  The pretzels and chips were so inexpensive.  And the donuts were just because.


I got burgers for dinner and that made me remember that we had no lunchmeat.  There was a lot to choose from but I ended up with the roast beef.  It is almost gone so I should get some more.


I got eggnog for Joe.  He does so love his eggnog and he had run out several days before.  He has run out of this one now.  I also got rolls for the burgers and some mini bagels for breakfast.


The clear ornaments were in the Bullseye Spot.  They are shatterproof.  Just right for curious little kitties.  Or at least one curious kitty.  There were a bunch of pillows, all different sizes, shapes and colors.  They had all kinds of different sayings on them.  But I liked this white one that says "Have yourself a merry little Christmas."  It is just the right size and shape for my sofa.  I will replace the one that says "Farm Fresh Pumpkins."  Yes, I forgot to show you that one.  They had the little wooden trees like was at the other Target.  I got another one for my little wooden village.  The Christmas tree soap dispenser was not in the Bullseye Spot.  I saw it as I walked through the store.  But it was so cute and inexpensive so I picked it up.  Did I need it?  No.  But I couldn't resist.  And I'm glad I did.  It is in the bathroom now and looks so nice.


I got two little board books for the great-grands.  And cute little Christmas tree paper plates to use during this month.


They had nice bananas, so I got four.



And finally, I found some Clorox wipes.  I couldn't believe it when I saw them on the shelf.  There was a limit of one per customer so you know I grabbed one.  It was a bit expensive, but it's been at least six months since I have seen any.  I told Debbie about it.  She didn't want any, but got a package for me and I paid her back for them.  I'm so happy and it will last me at least two months.

I got a few more things, but I am not showing them to you because they are Christmas gifts for some people who read this blog.  You will get to see what they are AFTER Christmas.

I have to get myself together and get a LOT done tomorrow.  Have I mentioned that before?  So I am going to go to bed.  Have a good evening and I will see you tomorrow.

Until later...

Kathy




7 comments:

  1. We were busy that day,weren't we? Lots of good stuff! Me not having a car, you are a blessing that I can get an extra bag of kitty litter! Happy kitty! Love the snowman shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, it sounds like you had a really fun time shopping. I love seeing what you buy for your great-grands. It gives me ideas on what to get for some of my younger nieces and nephews. Remember you showing the bathtub crayons? I came across them in Target 2 weeks ago and gave to my sister for my young nieces & nephews:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found the soap crayons. They're cute aren't they?

      Delete
  3. I love your snowman shirt! And I hope I can find the Christmas Tree soap dispenser at my Target. It’s adorable. I’m enjoying the Blogmas posts. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy, I love your shirt. You did get some bargains. Oh I know about the lysol and wipes...rare things these days. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly had a great day shopping! I can never go in a store for just one thing. I always need at least two things. hahaha. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shirt you are wearing! It's been weeks since I've been inside Target. Was just there today for a drive up order then I'm on my way. Miss the Bullseye section, especially this time of year.
    Ellen loves those Martin's rolls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.