Tuesday, December 8, 2020

BLOGMAS DAY 7 -- SHOPPING WITH MY SISTER


 

Hello, friends!  It is late and I am very tired, so this will be a short entry today.  I was so happy yesterday to see my sister for a few hours.


I was actually out getting hoagies when she arrived.  Even though she no longer lives in Philly, she is still a Philly girl at heart and loves to get our local food when she visits.

After we ate, we spent some time visiting and then headed out to see about doing some Christmas shopping.  The first place we went to was Ross.

Ross was one of the stores trashed on the fateful night back in October where we had all the looting.  You would never know it though.  It was back to normal.

Ross is a store where if you see something you like, get it now because it won't be there tomorrow.  It is not the greatest store, but I like how much Christian merchandise they have.  I ended up spending around $50 there but I got at least 8 gifts plus a few things for myself so that isn't bad.  I was going to do a haul post, but I will do that later this week.

It really wasn't that bad social distancing.  And everyone had a mask so things were fine.

My legs were hurting after walking around the store.  But I was looking for something at Target, so we headed over there next.


This is another store that was looted and destroyed in October.  It was closed for a month.  I am so glad it is open again.  We did a lot of walking in there too and my legs were really bad by the time we got out.  I love walking and usually none of this would bother me.  But my legs are just not good anymore.

Target was more crowded than Ross, but it really wasn't that bad.  I spent around $20 in there.  And got stuff for me.  All me!  Well, you knew some of that was going to happen.  Again I will show you what I got either tomorrow or the next day.  It is just too much to do right now.

Elaine wanted to get on the road to go see a friend before it got dark, so we headed home and she headed out.  It has been a long time since we were together although we talk almost every day.  It was so wonderful to see each other in person.

Today I had planned to do so much.  I got up around 5:00 a.m., took my medications, did my morning Quiet Time, ate breakfast, made a couple of phone calls and...

I fell asleep around 8:30 a.m. and woke up at 2;00 p.m.  when my neighbor called me to tell me I had an Amazon package on my front step.  Oh my!  I guess the day out did me in.  I'm really not as young as I once was.  So it's try again tomorrow to get my things done.

Hope you all have had a nice day.  I'm going back to bed.

Until later...
Kathy





13 comments:

  1. Glad you had time with your sister. Even now,many years later, I still miss my sister. Sounds like you got some great deals. Sorry you hurt so bad. try to relax a bit. Stay pawsitive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you feel better today. It will be fun to see what you found. Thanks for your nice posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy - Wow, that sounds like such a nice day with our sister. So glad you two were able to get together. It's good that your Ross and Target have recovered from the awful rioting and looting. Have a good day and I will see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful that you were able to spend time with your sister. It was nice of your neighbor to alert you to the package on your doorstep. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, I'm glad you were able to get a good, long nap the day following your shopping day. Your body knew it needed the sleep. I'm looking forward to seeing what you bought because you know, I get ideas from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your life in the big city!! Merry Christmas from a tiny town in rural Missouri! I love to hear you talk about going out in your neighborhood. Our town as one 4-way stop, a church, a post office, and a cemetery.!! No shopping here except to go to someone's home and purchase a home made goodie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I am officially one of the sisters, I'll just pretend I got to go too. I know I would be worn out in those big stores but it must have been fun seeing all the pretty things. I love the photo of the two of you! I'll photoshop myself in next time! heehee! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to be with your sister, but I hate that you have to pay for fun days. So glad for your community that the stores you mentioned are opened again after the riots and looting. May it not happen again. We had good news this week...our community is getting a Target. Yay! It's moving into a former K-Mart building.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your shopping trip sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not going into stores right now and I miss it. Usually I do some online shopping and some in store too. It's all online with ship or curbside pickup this year.
    Your body needed the rest and I'm glad you listened ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ross, TJMaxx and Marshals are my favorites. However, I cannot find long dresses or skirts so finally ended up ordering two on line from a company called "Cozy Dress" I sure hope I like them when they arrive.

    I'm thinking that has to be your daughter...because you are both so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sister time is important and I'm glad you had that time together. I wish my sister lived closer. We also talk almost daily but with this virus and her health I'm not making the trip to Chicago until Spring. It sounds like you did good with shopping and I hope you're feeling better soon. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful that you were able to spend time with your sister. When we moved to WI and I asked for a hoagie no one knew what the heck I was talking about. They call them subs here-nothing else. lol
    We finally got a Ross a couple of years ago. It is fairly decent but you are right- grab stuff when you see it.
    I hope you have a wonderful night- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter and I went to Target and Kohl's today. They were busy, but overcrowded. At Kohl's the bigger issue was stacks and stacks of boxes in the middles of the main aisles. I found a couple of small gifts at Kohl's and at Target got some health items we needed at home, pretzels for tomorrow's candy making marathon, and some little treats for the grandkids' stockings. We have to travel a bit to get to those two stores, but it was nice to see something besides Walmart for a change.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.