Wednesday, December 30, 2020

CHRISTMAS AND MY BIRTHDAY

 


Hello, friends!  Welcome back.  Hopefully today I will get you all caught up on what's been going on.

Is it cold where you are?  It is so cold here.  And I am not a person who likes cold weather.  But...  every day it is getting closer to spring  I'm happy about that.

On Christmas Day Joe and I really didn't do too much.  We kept thinking that Christmas was the day before when we had our Christmas lunch and opened gifts.  So it was rather low key.  We napped, watched TV, talked and that's about it!  I was going to do laundry and clean the house but just didn't.  I was so tired from that drive the day before.  That's the good thing about being retired.  You don't have to do something if you are tired.

The one thing I did do was make us a Christmas dinner.  It was so good.  Joe had gotten a beef roast when he went to the store for me the last time.  I asked him for a piece of beef for Christmas dinner.  We had just had turkey at Thanksgiving and were having pork for New Year's Day so this seemed just right.  We don't have beef very often because it is hard for my stomach to digest.  I roasted it in the oven with some potatoes that my sister told me how to make and we had some mixed vegetables and gravy.  Easy to do and it turned out so good!  I even used my good Christmas plates with the holly and gold around the edge.  Sorry it's a little blurry.  It's not your eyes, but my poor camera skills.


That looks like a huge piece of meat, but it really wasn't.  It was pretty thin.

We caught up with our devotions after dinner.  The candle is getting smaller and smaller.



Yesterday was my birthday!  I was so surprised to get about 60 birthday wishes on my facebook page.  I had no idea that would happen.

Joe bought me lunch at our favorite Japanese restaurant Yamato.  I had asked for that and he came through.  We put in the order online and then we drove up there to pick it up.  It's about 20 minutes from home but it doesn't seem that much when you hop on I-95 and just go.  I will be so glad when thing open up again and we can go inside to eat.


I was so hungry and couldn't wait to get home and enjoy that wonderful food.  I ordered two appetizers for my lunch -- pork gyoza (dumplings) and avocado, sweet potato and mango sushi (vegan).  My very favorite things.  And shouldn't you eat your favorites on your birthday?  Joe got a teryaki chicken bento box with sushi, dumplings and rice.  It came with miso soup.




After lunch there was a knock at the door.  Joe answered it and said it was for me.  There was a big bouquet of flowers that he had sent.  But most surprising is that the flowers were in the shape of a birthday cake!  It even had birthday candles stuck into the top and a big balloon that says "Sweet birthday."  The ribbon tying it together said, "Hope Your Birthday Takes the Cake."  I tied that ribbon to the balloon.  It is so beautiful!  I was just blown away by this wonderful gift.






Joe also gave me a birthday gift.  He got me a new Kindle since mine had broken several months ago.  I had that Kindle for over 8 years so it didn't owe me anything for sure.  It was the first Kindle Fire that came out so it was very outdated.  I love the new one.  He also got me a cover for it an a charger.


The other thing I asked for was a hot glue gun.  I was sure he would not get me that and was looking at them in Rite Aid to see how much they were.  But Joe came through and gave me the glue gun too.

Neither of us was hungry for dinner, so we just snacked.  We ended up eating the last two cupcakes from my birthday celebration at my sister's house and I had a dish of ice cream.  That's a real birthday celebration.


It was a great birthay.  Much better than last year when I spent two days in the hospital.

One other thing I did was something I've been thinking about for a long time.  I started a YouTube vlog.  It is called "Looking At My Life."  I found, though, that even though I researched it and didn't find a vlog with that name, there  are lot of other things close to that name that come up and it's very hard to find.  So I put it in the search box with no spaces like this "lookingatmylife" and it comes up.  I think I'm going to have to change the name to something else.  Anyone have any ideas?  If you would like to stop by and see it, I would be most grateful.  It's only 3 minutes long.

Thanks for stopping by this little blog.  I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Until later...

Kathy







14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday and I will try to go check out your vlog. I hope you have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy and Happy Birthday. Your sweet Joe always comes thru with beautiful flowers. I love that cake bouquet. Blessings, stay warm, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday sweet friend! It sounds like you had the perfect day! The flowers are really gorgeous and your special meal looks yummy! You are the sweetest lady I know! Lots of birthday hugs coming your way...to be shared with Joe of course! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great birthday you had. Joe is so good at finding beautiful flowers! That flower cake is amazing.
    I'm not a fan of the cold weather either....how many days till spring?? ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fabulous day! Happy birthday and now Happy New Year! I love the flower cake. Nothing better than fresh flowers and especially in the cold of Winter. I hope you and Joe have a wonderful 2021. I know we're all hoping for this virus to end and some normal come back. Have a good rest of the week! (I got the first Kindle Fire around the time you did!..mine works but barely!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful day and that flower cake is awesome! I've never seen anything like it. All your pictures of food have made me hungry. It's too late tonight, but I'm thinking we need something special tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy- Happy Belated Birthday! Looks like Joe really spoiled you. I love the flowers in the shape of a cake. :-) All of your holiday food looks so delicious! I think we will get Chinese Food for New Years Eve. I will definitely be checking out your Vlog. What fun. Have a very happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy BIRTHDAY!!! You celebrated in fine style and your Joe really showed his colors in that bouquet and gifts!! Y'all know how to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday and also a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday. I love your birthday cake! Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joe really outdid himself! I've never seen a bouquet like that. Happy day-after birthday! Sometimes Russ & I have a bigger lunch & love 'snacking'later.I'm glad you had such a lovely day,you deserve it! Stay warm! I'n scooting over to check out the vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Kathy! What a way to celebrate your birthday. The food sounds absolutely delicious and you didn't need to cook a thing. Joe gave you all kinds of nice gifts. The flowers in the shape of a cake are so beautiful. I hope that cake lasts at least a week or two. I found your vlog and hope you continue with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday, Kathy! 🍰 Sounds as if you had a much better day. Joe is a keeper. He ticked all those gift boxes for you plus extra!

    A vlog? Oh goodness, you are brave! ☺️ No suggestions other than filming in landscape mode not portrait. I don't watch a vlog that doesn't use landscape mode except for one—Brenda Gantt. All the best with it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated very happy 🎂 birthday wishes to you, Kathy, and what a wonderful day with such great food and all those gifts from Joe. He definitely came through with that wonderful flower cake and gifts, plus your favorite food. This certainly was a better celebration than your last one and hope the happiness continues into 2021 and beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.