Wednesday, December 16, 2020

BLOGMAS DAY 11 -- THIS AND THAT


 Hello friends!  Hope you are having a good day.  I haven't been feeling too great these days.  At first I thought I might have gotten COVID-19 since I was exposed, but according to what I've read, I don't have the symptoms.  I do, however, have some of the symptoms of the flu.  *sigh*  Just in time for Christmas.  Hopefully I have neither.

I have been sleeping a lot and so there really isn't much to tell you.  Instead I will show you some random pictures that I have.

My little Jack seems to think he is a human.  He tries to sit up on the sofa next to me.

We got to see our favorite Christmas cartoon -- A Charlie Brown Christmas.  We love all of it from the beginning when Charlie Brown tries to talk to Lucy who is a real in psychiatrist.

To the dance scene.  And who hasn't tried to dance along with them?

Then there is the poor little Christmas tree that Charlie Brown picks out.  I've had Christmas trees like that in the past.  I think we all have.

Of course my favorite part is when Linus recites the passage from Luke chapter 1.  The real meaning of Christmas.

And the singing of Hark the Herald Angels Sing at the end.  After watching this you know Christmas is here.

The Advent candle is halfway burned down.  Christmas is coming.

I have a cute little gnome Christmas welcome flag in the yard.

The yard is looking so pretty lately.

I was looking at the tree from the kitchen window and saw all the birds.  They have made this their home.



I've started wearing my Christmas socks.  Today's pair was penguins!

I was sitting in the parking lot at Wawa this afternoon waiting for Joe to come out of the store and a friend of mine walked up to me to say hello.  She ended up giving me a pair of penguin socks different from what I was wearing.  So nice of her!

And finally, here are Bipp and Hadley on Santa's lap.  So glad they got to do this in this crazy year we have had.  And surprisingly they both look happy!



That's all I have for you today.  Not feeling well has sure put a damper on things.  But today we are to have a major snow storm for the first time in two years.  We didn't have any snow at all last year (which was fine with me).

And now I have to get on with my day.  See you all soon.


Kathy









11 comments:

  1. Hadley has gotten so big! How quickly time flies!.Your socks are so cute! It was so sweet to be gifted another pair. I really like your 'bird tree'. I don't have quite that many on my fence in the yard,but when I let the dogs out,they start lining up! I even had a few on my front steps! I'm not looking foorward to the cold, but can't wait to see everything coated in white! We've not had that in what seems like forever.
    Stay warm,my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! Your advent candle is still so pretty. Good Luck with your expected snowstorm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy - I love Charlie Brown Christmas too! Such good childhood memories form that show. It's been around a long time! I really like that cute picture of your grandkids! I also enjoyed how you found simply things to be grateful for even when you hadn't been feeling good. What a great example you are to all of us! Feel better soon and enjoy the rest of the week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Charlie Brown movies and we haven't watched one in years. I thought of your socks one day and wondered if you were wearing them. I have a pair somewhere...I need to find them! lol Hope you feel much better today. The little birdies sure are sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your socks are adorable. You be careful and take care of yourself. Make sure to have a covid test. Being tired is also one of the covid signs. Although I'm always tired lately too. Here's hoping you don't have either that or the flu. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not easy to be chronically ill. Praying for a restoration to good health. The children look quite content on Santa's lap. They are cutie pies!

    That storm was supposed to slide south of us, but now it is coming my way, too. It doesn't make me happy at all. Apparently, I am becoming set in cement and do not appreciate anything that messes with my plans. 😏

    Rest and be cozy! Hope that the birds sing you lots of pretty songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry that you aren't feeling well. It is always worse during the holidays, isn't it?
    Love Charlie Brown-have always loved him. I will have to see if I can find the movie online. I haven't seen it in years.
    Get well- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and pray it isn't something serious...and that it's gone before Christmas! I'm sitting here watching the snow come down. It's quite heavy right now, but at least the wind has stopped blowing. I'm curled up on the couch with my pup, the laptop, and a good Christmas mystery because I managed somehow to fall in the night and ended up on the floor between the bed and nightstand. I am stiff and sore today. I hope you're having a cozy at home day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better soon and I would suggest getting a Covid test just to be sure you're OK. Those little girls are adorable and I'm glad they had a normal time with Santa. I know snow is heading your way. It's been on the weather channel all day and the fact that last year you had no snow. It's snowing here but I don't think we'll get more than 3in. We already had a big snow a few weeks ago and I'm done with it! Well, Mother Nature will probably have other plans! Take care and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be well soon so you can enjoy Christmas season. I like the photos you shared, and those penguin socks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.