Wednesday, December 2, 2020

BLOGMAS DAY 1 -- GOODBYE NOVEMBER, WELCOME DECEMBER


 Hello, friends and welcome to Blogmas 2020.  I took a look back and found I began doing Blogmas in 2017 so this is the fourth year I will be writing this.  I always enjoy it because it is such a challenge to me to try to find something interesting for each day.  But today as usual I will close out November and say hello to December.  How is that possible?

I began the month by going to the Emergency Room for the intense pain I was having.  I was treated so well and the pain has not returned.  Still don't know for sure what was going on.

I finished up the book of Titus in Bible Study and took a break for the winter.  I plan on doing Hebrews in the spring when we resume.

And then there was the election.  What a mess this whole thing has turned out to be.  But I did my civic duty and went to the polls and voted.


I ended up in the hospital again for a Stress Test which wasn't nearly as stressful as I expected it to be.

And then we had a small (very small) lunch after church one week.  With all the COVID-19 restrictions we were feeling so isolated and did this as a morale booster.  We were careful to follow all of the restrictions in place but were so glad to be together and talk with each other.  Joe made the best baked rigatoni ever.


Most of the rest of the month was spent taking antibiotics and pain killers for the massive infection in my mouth.  The pain was incredible.  I cried a lot.  I thought I would never recover.  But the Lord in His mercy healed me.  It took three weeks before I could really eat regular food and the pain went away.  I hope I never go through anything like that again.

Joe and I went to the Target a bit away from our home.  I had been told how bad it was, but it was really nice.  As usual with Target I spent money.  It's so easy to do in their Bullseye section.

We had Thanksgiving at home this year.  I made the dinner and it didn't turn out bad at all!  We have just a small amount of turkey left and nothing else from the meal.  I was thinking about making a turkey pot pie for dinner tomorrow.  Maybe.  We'll see how the day goes.

Tonight we began our Advent devotions.  I bought a Kindle book titled "Devotions for Christmas:  a celebration to bring you joy and peace."  It is put out by Zondervan and doesn't seem to have any author attached to it.  But it is really good.  I may try to buy it in hardback because I would love to just hold this book in my hands.  The artwork is really pretty.

While we are reading it, we are burning our Advent candle.  I found one on Amazon this year that came from England.  It is so pretty.  Sorry the pictures are so dark.


It has numbers on the side of it and you burn it down one number each night of Advent.


On the side are pictures of holly, ivy and little birds.


We burned it through number one tonight.



I didn't realize just how dark these pictures are.  I will get better ones tomorrow in the daylight.

Just one more thing to do -- turn the page on my calendars.  The flower one is poinsettias.


And the Breathtaking Views is showing the Lights of the Ozarks in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

Jack is laying in the chair snoring away.  Loudly.


Joe is upstairs asleep.  I'm going to go join him.  Hope you all have a good night and I will see you on Wednesday.

Kathy







9 comments:

  1. Wow! You had a really busy November! Any kind of mouth/dental pain is the worst. I 've been there. Glad you received good care. That counts for a lot.Love the photo of Jack. So cute! Looking forward to Blogmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your Blogmas. You are looking good so hoping you are feeling good too. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Blogmas sounds like fun to read! I am looking forward to it. May December be a month of good health for you and Joe. And I love the idea of having an Advent candle and devotional!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your December is pain free! I really like your Advent candle. That's a neat idea of burning the candle down to the next day's marker each night. You reminded me that it's time to go get a Poinsettia plant today:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A snoring kitty 🐈‍⬛ is something I miss. What a month and I am so glad that you made it through. Never again sounds like a plan. Love the Advent candle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been quite a month. I love the photo of Jack sleeping and snoring. That means he's a happy kitty. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy,
    I really love your advent candle and your fun Blogmas posts. See you again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your post. Nice pictures. I'm making Turkey pot pie tomorrow too. I like your advent candle. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a month November was for you. I'm so glad you are better again. That advent candle is so neat! I love a Christmas book I have by Rick Warren called The Purpose of Christmas. I bought it for a friend one year and loved it so much I purchased one for myself. Than a few years later found some at a discount bookstore and got some for my kids. Need to get it off the shelf now that it's December!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.