Thursday, December 10, 2020

BLOGMAS DAY 9 -- GREEBY STREET


 

Hello, friends and welcome to Blogmas Day 9.  Time is just flying by.  I was going to do a completely different blog.  But Joe and I ran an errand for Pastor and Carolyn and ended up at church just as it was getting dark.  The house across the street from church had their lights on and looked so nice lit up.


And this made me think that we should take a visit to Greeby Street.  This one block long street is always lit up so beautifully.  It is a delight to see each year.  I didn't know if they would be doing it this year with the pandemic going on.  But I decided to take the chance since it is right near church.  I took Joe along for the ride.  Well, really he had no choice.

I held my breath when we got to the block.  I expected maybe a house or two lit up.  But I was so delighted to find that most of the houses had lights on.  It was so enchanting.  I took a few pictures from the car, and then got out to walk past a few houses and take pictures.  Joe stayed in the car where it was warm.  It was only 48*F out.

Here are some of the pictures I took.  All of the neighbors get together to create a cohesive look.



Don't they look like castles?  Some multicolored, some gold.

This yard had gold trees and reindeer.  So cute.


Such a pretty street.  These photos just do not do it justice.



While I was walking around a man came out from one of the houses.  I thanked him for having such a beautiful house.  He said some more would light up around 6 p.m. but I wasn't waiting around for an hour to see it.  He told me that later in the month they were trying to get Santa and that the children on the street had formed a choir and would be walking up and down the street caroling.  How sweet!  Each year there is a collection box out when Santa is there and the money raised is given to charity.  Can you imagine how fun it must be to live on that block?

I'm hoping to ride down at least one more time this season and see it again.  The pictures really do not do it justice.

Hope you have a good night.  It is bedtime for me.

Until later...

Kathy






12 comments:

  1. Those are very pretty lights! I’m glad you and Joe got to see them. We enjoy taking our grandchildren around to see lights here in Lancaster County. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun trip to see all the houses decorated with lights. They work hard to get it just right. Have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful photos of the Christmas lights. I used to love driving around to see all the different lights. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this year, more than any other, we need to celebrate safely and this street did it beautifully! I love driving around looking at the decorations in our town. We didn't get to have our usual Christmas parade and town tree lighting (very Hallmark!) but still the downtown does look lovely. I may have to blog about it! Glad you took the time to enjoy the fruits of those neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking us along to see the lights. Kathy, You made me laugh bout Joe not really having a choice. That man will do anything for you. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful houses! We tried putting lights around our windows this year but they didn't look good at all. Kind of droopy, mismatched... :) so we took them down and made a lighted path on our walkway. We also decorate a bunch of trees and bushes in our front yard. I absolutely love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing the lights...we need to drive around one night soon. Have a good weekend my friend. I hope you feel good! holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I wish I could visit that street. I bet the it's amazing to see in person. Thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greeby Street looks so fun and festive. I love Philly row houses. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am behind on blog reading/commenting, so I just read through all of your Blogmas posts in one sitting! You have been busy celebrating and getting ready for Christmas. So nice that you and your sister were able to carve out a day for some sister time and a little shopping! Sister time always does the heart good!

    Loved seeing the lights on the Greeby Street! I'll bet it is especially beautiful in person!

    Merry Christmas! I'll try to catch some more Blogmas posts in the days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful surprise! How neat that neighbors coordinated the same look. And the lights on the fence in one of the pictures...that's so beautiful!! At our former home we hung lights like that around the deck which I always loved...the fence reminds me of that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.