Sunday, December 13, 2020

BLOGMAS DAY 10 -- GOING TO ROSS AND TARGET

 


Actually, it's less than two weeks now.  Time is flying by and I'm no where near ready.  Every year I promise myself it will be different the next year and it never is.  *sigh*

I am not doing a very good job of posting every day.  Life is catching up with me.  But I hope you are enjoying the days I do post.

And now I am keeping a promise I made to you.  Let me show you the haul from Ross and Target.  First Ross.


I found this cute "Movie Night for 2" for my neighbors.  It comes with two popcorn containers, mini pretzel twists, boxes of Junior Mints and a package of microwavable popcorn.


I got the holiday tissue paper at Ross but the tape came from Target.


My sister found this little grocery basket playset for Hadley.  I had to get it.  She will have a ball playing that she is going food shopping like her mommy does.


I got a small box of stroopwafels for our friend Frank.  Have you ever had them?  They are such a wonderful cookie.  I should have gotten a box for myself.


This candy cane rug is adorable.  I had to get it for the kitchen.


And I found these wonderful mugs for Pastor and Carolyn.  I don't usually get them anything, but these just called out to me.  One of them says, "O Come Let Us Adore Him" and the other says, "Let Earth Receive Her King."  I know they will like them.

I got some other things too, but since those people read this blog (and you know who you are) I will have to show you later.

I went to Target to find a gingerbread house kit but they were sold out.  I even looked online and they aren't available.  All sold out.  So I am going to keep that idea in the back of my mind for next year.

I did find a gift for me though.  Those of you who have been reading my blog for awhile will remember that last year I got a 12 days of Christmas sock calendar.  Every day I opened a section and got another pair of Christmas socks.  Well this year I found a 15 day Christmas sock advent calendar.  And this one was is all about cats!  The Feline Festive calendar.



I so want to rip open all the doors and see what each of these cute socks look like.  But I am restraining myself.  It is more fun to start on Christmas Day and open one for each of next 15 days.

The other day when we went to Greeby Street we came home to find that my friend had been by and left a gift bag for me.  She is a real estate agent and I recommend her to so many people because I know she can be trusted to not cheat anyone.  So every holiday she gives me a goody bag.  Here's what was in mine.

Three little candy canes, a note pad in the shape of a snowman, a spider Christmas tree ornament, and a calendar for 2021 with recipes on it.  And they were all in this cute little gingerbread boy bag.



That was so nice of her.  She also left me a bag with a beautiful green suede blazer in it.  It doesn't fit her anymore and she thought I might like it.  I will have to try it on, but I think it will.

And now I have to get ready for church.  Pastor is sick so Joe volunteered to preach today.  I have to get the speaker there on time!  He also has Sunday School to teach.  I think he will be taking a nap when he gets home this afternoon.  

I told him we would stop at McDonald's on the way home for lunch.  I don't know what's for dinner tonight though.  Last night we had breaded flounder filet and lima beans.  I know it will be more than that.  But that's what happens when you get involved in something and it gets later and later.

So until later have a wonderful day.

Kathy



9 comments:

  1. Nice job shopping! What a lovely gift from your friend. Your schedule seems to be as busy as it was before. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, Out of all the shopping items, I like your candy cane rug and the stroopwafels. I have never heard of those cookies but I'll remember to look for them in the stores that I shop because I'd at least like to try them:) I hope you and Joe don't get too tired with all you have to do today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the movie for two gift and the cat socks is something Ellen would absolutely love!! You always find the best things.
    Wow this was a busy morning for Joe...a nap would seem to be fitting for the afternoon ☺
    Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're looking great! Don't worry about posting unless you want to, I drove myself crazy for years trying to do.it.all. I'm not at all ready for Christmas. Black tree staring at me and hardly any packages wrapped. Slo-mo for sure. And somehow I'm believing it will all get done.🕊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy- I love the gifts you got for your friends, and that sock calendar will be a lot of holiday fun for you! I am enjoying all of your Blogmas posts. Hope you have a good week and I will look forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the candy cane rug! So cute! The movie for 2 is a cool idea for a couple. Everything one needs! I've never seen the kitty advent socks calendar. Iwould have gotten it for myself too. (Did they have dogs?) The gift bag was so thoughtful!The gifts are cute too. Forecast says snow & cold for Wednesday;stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always say I'll get my shopping done early but usually have last minute things to get. It's weird but even with all the things that have happened with Jack being in the hospital for 2 weeks I'm all done shopping. I think it's because I did most of it on line. I'm still waiting for some deliveries but hopefully all will arrive before Christmas. We're not gathering together this year so I'll have to deliver the gifts to my kids and Grands myself. Your gift ideas are great. I know that Walmart has had gingerbread house kits and also Christmas cookie kits that are all made and just need to be decorated. I usually get these for my Sunday school kiddos but of course not this year since we're not meeting in person. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just one of the reasons I want to be your big sister! heehee! You KNOW how to shop and find the neatest things! Every time I turn the weather channel on today it talks about the winter storm headed for Philly! I hope you have everything you need and can stay home a few days! Take care and stay warm! Let us know that you are ok! holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.