Monday, November 30, 2020

FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT, A MONDAY MAGAZINE AND OTHER STUFF

 


Hello, friends and welcome to the last day of November.  It seems as if this year is just flying by.  I'm sure there are still 365 days to the year and 24 hours to each day.  There are still even 60 minutes to each hour.  But time just whizzes by.  Maybe it's because there is so little daylight now that the days seem so short.  Tomorrow is the first day of December and as is my custom I will attempt to do a Blogmas.  I hadn't realized how close December was and so don't even have a lot of topics picked out.  But I will do my best to post each and every day even if it is just a photo.

Yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent.  Can Christmas be far behind?  Above you will see a picture of the candles from church.  And here is a short video of my friend Debbie and her husband Rusty doing the reading and lighting the candle.


I love this part of the holiday season.  Joe and I have been reading a Christmas devotional for this entire month and tomorrow we are beginning a devotional specifically for December.  It has 31 readings for the season.  I'm looking forward to this.  And we will be burning our Advent candle each night.  I will be sure to show it to you before we begin burning it.

Here is the Monday magazine for you and now I will be all caught up.  It is another HGTV magazine from November 2018.

As usual, it begins with the front door.  What do you think of this color?  Do you like the light?  I do like it.  And I like the welcome mat.  The rest of it is OK, but I'm not crazy about it.

Here is this month's high/low list.  I certainly would not spend $840 for a lamp when I can get a similar one for $48.  And $91 for a mug?  Uh... no thanks.

I thought it was a set of dishes for $210.  But it is one platter.  One Kate Spade platter.  I like the Kate Spade line but no.  I am not spending that much for one plate.


Yes, please, I do want to save $100 on the goblets.  People who buy these things must have money to burn.  But I sure don't.

This was an interesting article on updating a dining room.  It is amazing how just a little paint, new chairs, rugs and/or drapes can change things.  This first picture is the before.


See how things have changed in the room?  There are new chairs and table.  A new light has been installed.  The wall color has changed and there are different items on the wall.



There was another article on making your home cozy.  A little library nook.

Living room.

Dining room.

Bedroom

Master bathroom

There is always a section of "How Bad Is It" where they rate different things from Not So Bad to Really Bad.  Being the librarian that I am, I definitely did not agree with this rating.  Not returning a library book is Really Bad!

The food section this month featured pumpkin pie with maple whipped cream.  Again it was interesting but not something I would make.  I don't like the taste of maple all that much.

As a special treat if you turned the magazine over, there was another magazine on the back that had pictures and interviews with the Property Brothers.


Finally, I am going to share with you pictures of my fall decorations in the kitchen.  That's the one room I forgot to tell you about.  There wasn't much.  Here is a little orange wreath that I put on the back door each year.

I bought this sign last year and still love it.  So cute.

I have a pumpkin spoon rest on the stove.  Another old thing.

And new this year are these pretty curtains with Black-eyed Susns on them.


Well, that is it for November 2020.  Tomorrow starts Blogmas.  See you then.

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. The blue door & mat are okay but the light...no thanks.It is incredible what some people will pay for something.The idea of a simple rug or rearrangement can change a whole room.The curtains really brighten your kitchen! You find the cutest things to dress up your rooms. Love the shades of gold in the last photo! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. I enjoy seeing those high/low pages in the magazine. There is no way I would pay those high prices. I am pretty frugal. I love the cute fall decorations in your kitchen. I have curtains similar to those on my back door. You know, as a librarian you would be very proud of me - I don't think I have ever had an overdue library book! I have two library books checked out not that I will be returning later this week - before they are due on Saturday! I will look forward to Blogmas. For me that will mark one year of reading your very interesting blog. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkin spoon rest reminds me of my ceramic store. We made a few of these items. Your decorations are really cute. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at magazines. Currently we are getting the HGTV magazine.
    I would never pay so much for the items listed either! I like a bargain or I don't need it.
    Christmas is coming to the inside of our house. Outside is still a mix of fall and Christmas! Hoping to get rid of the fall one of these days ☺ Have a great day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the door, but not the mat. I would really enjoy maple whipped cream...must remember that one. This is a fun feature that you do for us to enjoy. You'll post daily? Wow. What a commitment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love magazines and joke that I'm a magazineaholic! Sometimes just a little elbow grease and some paint can really change a room for the better. I didn't really care for the blue door. The color was nice but I didn't like the door. I'm sure there are folks who cringed at painting that beautiful wood buffet white but it did look nice. I don't know if you got the winter storm we did..even though it is still actually Fall. We got about 5-6in of the white stuff. Sure looks like a December day! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.